COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
Take a minute to share your thoughts about Albemarle County Boards and Commissions
|Board/Commission Name||Places 29 (HYDRAULIC) Community Advisory Committee|
|Introduction/Overview/Duties||The Advisory Committees will provide assistance, feedback and input to County staff and the Board of Supervisors on community and county efforts related to implementation and support of the adopted Master Plan, in accordance with established county procedures. Advisory Committee members will communicate with their constituencies to increase understanding of and support for successful implementation of the Master Plan. The membership is broad-based to incorporate a variety of perspectives and ideas and to provide citizens, business people, and representatives of community groups a chance to be engaged and to be heard in a constructive and meaningful way.
The Committees will be a catalyst for helping foster a sense of community and work towards effective and efficient Master Plan implementation. Committees are a venue to discuss and provide comments on program and policy questions and/or proposals. Community Advisory Committees are an important venue for discussion and Committees can provide feedback and indicate preferences related to development proposals, although Committees do not have a legislative role in the development process.
1. Serve as liaisons
2. Gather input from constituencies represented and bring these issues to the attention of staff and the Committee, and distribute information from the Committee back to constituents.
3. Stimulate creative thinking in examining implementation issues and identify ways of using community resources to meet implementation needs and challenges.
4. Provide advisory input, comments, and information to the Board of Supervisors on new and emerging policies, projects, and programs as requested.
5. Maintain a forward-looking agenda with respect to adopted Master Plans and policies of the Board of Supervisors. Committee meetings are not the appropriate venue to oppose adopted policy.
6. Commit to support and work to implement the adopted Master Plan.
7. Work with Staff to provide an annual report of activities to the Board of Supervisors in accordance with the Board of Supervisors’ adopted Rules of Procedure for Boards and Commissions.
|Length of Term||Members will be appointed for either a 2 or 3 year term to stagger the transition of new members on and off the council. After initial appointments, terms will be for 2 years. While Members will be generally expected to serve no more than 2 terms, additional terms may be considered if desired and if the Board of Supervisors deems appropriate.|
|Frequency/Times for Meetings||To be determined|
|Membership||The Board of Supervisors shall appoint eleven members to the Committee.|
|Qualifications||Each member shall be a resident or business owner in Albemarle County. For all representatives, the member’s home or business shall be located within their appointed sub-Committee’s geographic area. An individual may not serve on more than one sub-Committee.
Places 29 Hydraulic shall have members along the following representations:
Large Neighborhood (2)
Small Neighborhood (2)
Development Community (1)
Business Community (2)
School Community – staff, school board, PTO member (1)
Office/R&D/Flex/Light Industrial or Heavy Industrial (1)
Urban Mixed Use (1)
Other – RSWA, RWSA, CHO Board, non-profit or community group with a focus on open space, water resources, transit, etc. (1)
|County Members/Term Expiration||Large Neighborhood - Yolanda Speed, Term expires 8/5/2019
Large Neighborhood - John Lewis, Term expires 8/5/2019
Small Neighborhood - Kimberly Swanson, Term expires 8/5/2019
Small Neighborhood - Scott Vande Pol, Term expires 8/5/2018
Development Community - Vito Cetta, Term expires 8/5/2018
Business Community - Jane Fogleman, Term expires 8/5/2018
Business Community - John Neal, Term expires 8/5/2018
School Community - Robyn Bolling, Term expires 8/5/2018
Office/R&D/Flex/Light Industrial or Heavy Industrial - Helene Kaminer, Term expires 8/5/2018
Urban Mixed Use - Steven Ward, Term expires 8/5/2019
Other - Cynthia Neff, Term expires 8/5/2019
Other - Josh Lewis, Term expires 8/5/2019
PC Liaison - Mac Lafferty
BOS Liaison - Diantha McKeel, Term expires 12/31/2017
|Web site for more information||N/A|
|Comments||Places29-Hydraulic will focus on the neighborhoods and businesses between Hydraulic Road and Rio Road in the Places29 Master Plan area|
Return to Boards & Commissions Page
Return to Board of Supervisors Page