1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Introduction of Courthouse Service Dog. Denise Lunsford and Matthew Quatrara
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
1:45 p.m. - Action Items:
9. FY 16 Operating and Capital Budget Calendar. Lori Allshouse, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
10. Charge to Fiscal Impact Advisory Committee regarding Cash Proffer Policy. Bill Fritz, Chief of Special Projects, Community Development
2:30 p.m. Discussions:
11. Fire Prevention Code Fee Schedule. Dan Eggleston, Director of Fire and Rescue; Howard Lagomarsino, Fire Marshal
12. Route 29 Project Delivery Advisory Panel Update. Mark Graham, Director of Community Development
13. Board of Supervisors Draft Policy for Board Proclamations and Resolutions. Jane Dittmar
14. 4:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. - Closed Meeting.
15. Certify Closed Meeting.
16. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
5:00 p.m. Work Sessions:
17. Albemarle County Broadband Task Force. Michael Culp, Director of Information Technology; Bill Fritz
18. ZTA-2014-00001 Agricultural operations and farm breweries. Amanda Burbage, Senior Planner
6:45 p.m. Recess
19. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
20. County Code Chapter 15, Taxation, Article VII, Real Estate Tax Exemption for Certain Elderly and Disabled Persons, sections 15-701, Administration, 15-702, Definitions, 15-703, Exemption, 15-704, Persons eligible for exemption, and 15-706, Procedure for claiming exemption. The proposed ordinance would clarify that that property owned by certain trusts may be eligible for tax relief for elderly and/or disabled persons and that the income of resident bona fide caregivers is excluded in determining eligibility for tax relief consistent with the Virginia Code. The ordinance would also clarify that it is qualifying real property that is exempt and would provide that remainder interests are not included in the term owning title or partial title, for purposes of determining eligibility for tax relief. Betty Burrell, Director of Finance
21. County Code Chapter 8, Licenses, Article VI, Schedule of Taxes, Section 8-600, Alcoholic Beverages. The proposed ordinance would decrease annual license taxes on wineries from $1,000.00 to $50.00, and on breweries not manufacturing more than 500 barrels of beer during the year from $1,000.00 to $250.00, to comply with Virginia Code § 4.1-233. Betty Burrell
22. FY 2015 Budget Amendment. Lori Allshouse
23. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
a. Followup from Joint Board and School Board meeting.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: August 14, August 21(A), November 13, and December 11, 2013; and February 24, February 28, March 4, April 8, April 9, May 8, May 27 and June 5, 2014.
8.2 FY 2014 Budget Amendment and Appropriations. (Lori Allshouse)
8.3 Request to Sell County Property in Keene (TMP 121-82A1). (Trevor Henry)
8.4 Dam Safety Grant Resolution. (Greg Harper)
8.5 WPO-2013-00030. Westel Waste Area -Request to extend the deadlines for installing permanent vegetation. (Glenn Brooks)
8.6 Crozet Avenue North Sidewalk Improvements. (Trevor Henry)
8.7 SUB-2014-00120. Briarwood Commercial Lots Final Subdivision Plat and SDP-2014-47. Briarwood Gas Station Final Site Plan Special Exceptions for two (2) waivers and one (1) variation. (Christopher Perez)
8.8 Proposed Deferred Compensation Ordinance Amendment. (Bill Letteri)
8.9 FY 13/14 ACE Easement Appraisals and Purchases. (Ches Goodall)
8.10 VDOT Culpeper District, Albemarle County Monthly Report, September 2014.
8.11 Board-to-Board, September 2014, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
8.12 County Grant Application/Award Report. (Lori Allshouse)
8.13 Copy of letter dated August 19, 2014, to Roger W. Ray, Roger W. Ray and Assoc., Inc., from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, re; LOD-2014-00008 OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS OF RECORD & DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS Tax Map 57, Parcel 3 (property of Charles E. Shiflett) White Hall Magisterial District.
8.14 Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Quarterly Update.
8.15 Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA) Quarterly Update.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY