1. Call to Order.
2. Northside Library Schematic Design.
3. Solid Waste Convenience Centers, to include public input and Board direction.
4. CPA-2013-01. Comprehensive Plan Update - Natural Resources; Historic, Cultural, and Scenic Resources; and Economic Development.
5. Call to Order.
6. Pledge of Allegiance.
7. Moment of Silence.
8. Adoption of Final Agenda.
9. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
10. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
12. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
13. SP-2013-00005. The Field School of Charlottesville (Sign #65). PROPOSAL: Private school on 62.1 acres. ZONING: RA Rural Area -- agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots); FH Flood Hazard – Overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (0.5 unit/ acre in development lots). LOCATION: 1717 Polo Grounds Road. TAX MAP/PARCELS: 04600-00-00-02200, 04600-00-00-022C0, and 04600-00-00-098A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna (deferred from August 14, 2013).
14. FY 13 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
15. SP-2013-00013. Roberts & SP-2013-00014. Roberts Public Garage (Sign #108). PROPOSALS: SP-2013-00013: Special use permit amendment to permit a residential use to replace a public garage on 5 acres. SP-2013-00014: Special use permit amendment to require closure of the permitted public garage on 5 acres if a dwelling is built on the property. ZONING: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: SP-2013-00013: Chapter 18 Section 10.5.2 of the Albemarle County Code, which allows for more lots than the total number permitted under sections 10.3.1 and 10.3.2. SP2013-00014: Chapter 18 Section 10.2.2.37 of the Albemarle County Code, which allows for public garages. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). LOCATION: 8576 Howardsville Turnpike. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 12600-00-00-031F3MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
16. SP-2013-00012. Les Yeux du Monde (Sign #120). PROPOSAL: Art gallery on 30 acres. No dwellings proposed. ZONING: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: Chapter 18 Section 10.2.2.36 of the Albemarle County Code, which allows gift, craft and antique shops. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). LOCATION: 841 Wolf Trap Rd. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06300-00-00-014I0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
17. ZMA-2012-00003. Out of Bounds (Sign #6). PROPOSAL: Rezone a 9.42 acre property from R-1 Residential (1unit/acre) to NMD Neighborhood Model District which allows residential (3-34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. Maximum of 56 residential units with the preservation of an existing residence on 0.68 acres for a proposed density of 6 units/gross acre. No commercial is proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Neighborhood Density Residential- residential (3-6 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, and other small-scale non-residential uses in Neighborhood 7. LOCATION: Located on Barracks Road (Route 654) across from its intersection with Georgetown Road (Route 656). 225 Out of Bounds Road, Charlottesville, Virginia 22901. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06000000006500. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
18. ZMA-2013-00003. 1306 Crozet Avenue (Signs #55&56). PROPOSAL: Rezone 1.09 acres from R-2 Residential zoning district which allows residential uses at a density of 2 units per acre to R-4 Residential zoning district which allows residential uses at a density of 4 units/acre, to allow construction of 2 proposed units (with two 2 existing units) for a density of 3.67 dwellings/acre. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. PROFFERS: Yes. SCENIC BYWAYS OVERLAY: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Crozet Master Plan-Neighborhood Density Residential – 3-6 units/ acre; supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools and other small-scale non-residential uses in the Crozet Community. LOCATION: Intersection of St. George Avenue/Crozet Avenue (1306 Crozet Avenue). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 056A1010011400. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall. (Applicant requests deferral to November 13, 2013.)
19. To consider 1) granting a sanitary sewer easement to the Albemarle County Service Authority and 2) granting temporary construction easements and temporary grading easements to Albemarle Health Care Center LLC. The proposed easements would be across property owned by the County located near the Monticello Fire Rescue Station (Parcel 09100-00-00-002E0) at Mill Creek Drive and across Parcel 09100-00-00-01100, located to its rear. These easements are necessary for the construction of and required grading along a new right-of-way to be dedicated to public use across the properties and for the installation of a new sanitary sewer line to provide service to Parcel 09100-00-00-012C0 and/or Parcel 09100-00-00-01200 (91 Galaxie Farm Lane).
20. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
21. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
22. Adjourn to October 10, 2013, 2:30 p.m., Room 241.
10.1 Resolution to accept McIntire Road (Route 631) (Project #104 U000-104-102,C-501) into the State Secondary System of Highways.
10.2 Church of Our Savior Special Exceptions (Critical slopes waiver and 20’ Buffer Waiver) associate with the site plan (SDP2012-49).
10.3 FY 14 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
10.4 Approval of Minutes: July 3, 2013.
10.5 Proclamation recognizing October 7, 2013 as World Habitat Day.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|