1. Call to Order.
2. CPA-2013-01. Comprehensive Plan Update.
3. Closed Meeting.
4. Call to Order.
5. Certify Closed Meeting.
6. Pledge of Allegiance.
7. Moment of Silence.
8. Adoption of Final Agenda.
9. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Proclamation recognizing September, 2013 as National Emergency Preparedness Month.
b. Proclamation recognizing September, 2013 as World Alzheimer’s Awareness Month.
c. Proclamation recognizing Women’s Equality Day.
11. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
12. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
13. SP-2013-00006. Commonwealth Offices (Sign #24). PROPOSAL: Construct a professional office building on 1.15 acres under Section 220.127.116.11 of zoning ordinance. No dwelling units proposed. ZONING: R-15 Residential – 15 units/acre, Professional Office by special use permit; AIA Airport Impact Area – Overlay to minimize adverse impacts to both the airport and the surrounding land. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Urban Density Residential – residential (6.01 – 34 units/ acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses in Neighborhood 1. LOCATION: The property is located on Commonwealth Drive (State Route 1315), approximately .35 mile north of the Hydraulic Road-Commonwealth Drive intersection. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 061w0030001400 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
14. ZTA-2013-00004. Family Day Homes. Ordinance to amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 5.1.06, Day care centers, family day homes, 10.2.1, By right (RA), 12.2.1 By right (VR), 13.2.1, By right (R-1), 14.2.1, By right (R-2), 15.2.1, By right (R-4), 16.2.1, By right (R-6), 17.2.1, By right (R-10), 18.2.1, By right (R-15), 19.3.1, By right (PRD), 20.3.1, By right (PUD), 20A.6, Permitted uses (NMD), and 20B.2, Permitted uses (DCD) of, and add Sec. 5.1.56, Family day homes to, Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 3.1 to revise the definition of “family day home,” amend Sec. 5.1.06, to reorganize the section and revise it to apply only to day care centers but not family day homes, add Sec. 5.1.56 to establish regulations and performance standards for family day homes providing care for 6 to 12 children related to traffic generation, parking, entrance and access, State licensure, and fire official inspections, and establish procedures for the review and approval of family day homes, and amend the district regulations delineated above (10.2.1 through 20B.2) to allow family day homes as a by right use subject to the substantive and procedural requirements of Sec. 5.1.56.
15. ZMA-2012-00004. Avon Park II (Signs #89&91). PROPOSAL: Rezone 5.262 acres from R-6 zoning district for which allows residential uses at a density of 6 units per acre to PRD zoning district which allows residential uses with limited commercial uses at a density of 3 - 34 units/acre. 32 maximum units proposed for a density of 6 units/acre. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Neighborhood Density Residential– residential (3-6 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, and other small-scale non-residential uses. LOCATION: 1960 Avon Street Extended. Approximately 1000 feet north of the intersection of Avon Street Extended and Route 20, south of existing Avon Court. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 09000000003100. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville (deferred from August 14, 2013).
16. SDP-2013-41. Stonefield-Special Exception to Authorize Variations from Application Plan and Code of Development (ZMA-2011-7).
17. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
18. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
12.1 Approval of Minutes: July 3, 2013.
12.2 Resolution to accept road(s) in The Farms at Turkey Run Subdivision into the Secondary System of Highways.
12.3 Resolution to adopt a revised Administrative Plan for the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
12.4 ZMA-2013-0006. Este Park - Proffer Amendment (deferred at applicant’s request to October 2, 2013).
12.5 Board-to-Board, September, 2013 Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|