1. Call to Order.
2. Closed Meeting.
3. Certify Closed Meeting
4. Pledge of Allegiance.
5. Moment of Silence.
6. Adoption of Final Agenda.
7. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. 2011 Clean Farm Award, Dave Norford of Piedmont Farm in Albemarle County.
9. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
10. Consent Agenda.
11. SP-2012-00024. Verizon Wireless Va. Dept. of Forestry "Buckingham Circle" Tier III Personal Wireless Service Facility (Signs #115&116). PROPOSAL: Request for installation of a 110 foot tall "steath" monopole structure ("monopine") and associated ground equipment. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: CO Commercial Office – offices, supporting commercial and service; residential by special use permit (15 units/acre); EC Entrance Corridor – Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 184.108.40.206 Tier III personal wireless facilities. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood 6; Office Service – office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: YES. LOCATION: 76 feet SW of Natural Resources Dr. on the Forestry Dept. Headquarters. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 07600-00-00-017A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
12. SP-2012-00025. Verizon Wireless – Piedmont College – Tier III PWSF (Sign #120). PROPOSAL: Tier III personal wireless service facility on 157.49 acres. No dwellings proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) SECTION: Chapter 18 Section 10.2.2.48 of the Albemarle County Code, which allows for Tier III personal wireless service facilities (reference 5.1.40). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR OVERLAY DISTRICT: To protect properties of historic, architectural, or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Institutional, Neighborhood 4, Institutional uses allow for a range of public uses including schools, universities and public recreational facilities. LOCATION: 1800 Monticello Avenue (Route 20). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 07700-00-00-02500. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
13. SP-2011-00002. Castle Hill Cider; SP-2012-00018. Castle Hill Cider Pond & SP-2012-00019. Castle Hill Cider Stream Crossing (Signs #30&32). PROPOSALS: SP-2011-00002: Special Use Permit for farm cidery with special events for up to 3,000 attendees on total of 310.47 acres. SP-2012-00018: Request to permit fill in the floodplain for an existing pond and stream crossing on 185.06 acres. No dwellings proposed. SP-2012-00019: Request to repair existing stream crossing in the floodplain and repair culverts. ZONING: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots); FH Flood Hazard – Overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. SECTION: SP-2011-00002: 10.2.2.53 Farm winery uses authorized under section 5.1.25 (c). SP-2012-00018: 30.3.05.2.1(1), which allows for dams, levees and other structures for water supply and flood control. SP-2012-00019: 30.3.05.2.1(2), which allows for water related uses such as boat docks, canoe liveries, bridges, ferries, culverts and river crossings of transmission lines of all types. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). LOCATION: 6065 Turkeysag Road, Keswick TAX MAP/PARCEL: 049000000018B1, 049000000018B2 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna. (To be deferred to January 16, 2013, subject to Board approval.)
14. Ordinance to amend Open Burning. An ordinance to amend Chapter 6, Fire Protection, Article IV, Burning of Brush, etc., of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance, authorized by 9 VAC 5-130-100, would prohibit the open burning of household waste throughout the County and update the definitions related to open burning to be consistent with definitions set forth in the Virginia Administrative Code.
NEW: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS
15. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
16. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
17. Adjourn to November 28, 2012, Room 241, 12:00 noon, Annual Legislative Luncheon.
10.1 Approval of Minutes: September 21, October 3 and October 10, 2012.
10.2 Road Improvement Priorities for Virginia’s Working Draft FY 2012-2019 Six Year Improvements Program (SYIP) (deferred from November 7, 2012).
10.3 Brownfield Assessment EPA Grant Application.
10.4 Crozet Avenue North – “Safe Routes to School” Sidewalk and Crossing Improvements.
10.5 VDOT – Culpeper District, Monthly Report for Albemarle County, November 2012.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|