1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next page).
9:30 a.m. - Public Hearings:
9. SP-2010-00046. New Hope Community Church (Signs #12&15). PROPOSED: 400-seat church with offices and classrooms. LOCATION: Northwest side of intersection of Dickerson Road (Route 606) and Dickerson Lane (Route 763). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 021000000012C1 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
10. SP-2010-00057. Pine Knot Historical Center (Sign #57). PROPOSED: Historical center at Pine Knot with tours, related special events (up to 12 per year, not to exceed 200 persons), restroom facility, and museum and educational building (not to exceed 1,700 square feet). LOCATION: 711 Coles Rolling Road (Route 712), approximately 0.6 miles east of the intersection with Glendower Road (Route 713). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 12200000001100. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
11. SP-2012-00004. Community Christian Academy (Signs #38&39). PROPOSED: Request a special use permit for a private school in a church on 3.14 acres under Section 14.2.2(5) private school of zoning ordinance. No dwellings proposed. LOCATION: 1410 Old Brook Road in Neighborhood 2. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06100000012700. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
12. 12-03( ) – Agricultural and Forestal Districts – Ordinance to amend Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County Code, to add lands to certain districts as specified below:
a. AFD 2012-4. Chalk Mountain AFD – Addition. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-211, Chalk Mountain Agricultural and Forestal District, to add TMPs 97-21B, 97-21C and 97-21D to the district.
b. AFD 2012-2; 2012-3. Hardware AFD – Addition. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-214, Hardware Agricultural and Forestal District, to add TMPs 72-51C and 88-3T to the district.
c. AFD 2012-1; 2012-5. Keswick AFD – Addition. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-219, Keswick Agricultural and Forestal District, to add TMPs 81-69, 81-72 and 81-73 to the district.
13. The Square in Crozet: Consider granting power line easement to Dominion Power within County Parcel 056A2-01-00-02400.
14. FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
15. Budget/Finance Operational Improvements.
16. FY 2013 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
10:30 a.m. - Action Items
17. ZTA-2012-00002. Water and Sewer. Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 4.1, Area and health regulations related to utilities, 4.2, Critical slopes, 4.2.1, Building site required, 4.2.2, Building site area and dimensions, 4.2.3, Location of structures and improvements, 4.2.4, Location of septic systems, 4.7, Open space, 5.1.43, Special events, 5.1.44, Farm worker housing, and 10.5.2, Where permitted by special use permit; and repeal Secs. 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 (all untitled), of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. (Deferred from May 9, 2012)
18. STA-2012-00001. Water & Sewer. Amend Secs. 14-106, Definitions, 14-309, Soil evaluations, 14-310, Health director approval of individual private wells and/or septic systems, 14-415 Central water supplies and sewerage systems, and 14-416, Individual private wells and septic systems, of Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code. (Deferred from May 9, 2012)
19. WPO-2009-00074. Stonefield (fka Albemarle Place), Request to extend deadline for installing permanent vegetation.
20. SDP-2012-00015. Ivy Fire Station at Kirtley Warehouse, Parking Grade Waiver Request.
21. SDP-2012-00025. Tier II PWSF: Verizon Wireless, Vest Property/Hardware River.
22. Economic Development Authority (EDA), Amendment to Rules and Procedures.
23. Open Burning of Household Waste and Refuse.
24. Closed Meeting.
25. Certify Closed Meeting.
26. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
1:30 p.m. - Presentations:
27. VDOT Quarterly Report, Joel Denunzio.
28. Economic Vitality Action Plan Quarterly Update.
29. Charlottesville-Albemarle Convention and Visitor Bureau (CACVB) Strategic Marketing Plan.
30. Local responses to June 29, 2012 severe thunderstorm.
31. Consideration of joint meeting with Planning Commission, re: Amendments to Comprehensive Plan.
32. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
33. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
34. Adjourn to July 25, 2012, 7:00 p.m., Lane Auditorium.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: February 1, March 7, March 12(A), March 14(A), April 4, April 11(A), April 11(N), April 13(A), and May 10, 2012.
8.2 Solid Waste Options Evaluation.
8.3 Memoranda of Understanding between the County and the Sheriff, the Commonwealth’s Attorney, and the Circuit Court Clerk.
8.4 Resolution approving the issuance of revenue bonds in an amount not to exceed $41,000,000 for Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge.
8.5 Resolution approving the issuance of revenue bonds in an amount not to exceed $6,000,000 for Kappa Sigma Endowment Fund.
8.6 Priority Review Process for Target Industries.
8.7 2011 Local Emergency Management Performance Grant Resolution.
8.8 Martha Jefferson Hospital Lease Agreement.
8.9 SDP-2012-00023. Whitewood Road Day Care Center—Zoning Ordinance Waiver.
8.10 Cancel July 18, 2012 Board meeting.
8.11 Personal Wireless Service Facilities Update.
8.12 Albemarle County Environmental Stewardship Strategic Plan (ACESSP) Report - Update for the Local Climate Action Planning Process (LCAPP).
8.13 Board-to-Board, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|