1. Call to Order.
2. Closed Meeting.
3. Certify Closed Meeting.
4. Discussion: Implementation of Virginia Retirement System (VRS) Changes Mandated by SB497.
5. Discussion: Solid Waste Service Options.
6. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
7. Larry Land, Director of Policy Development, Virginia Association of Counties.
8. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
9. Consent Agenda.
10. County’s Priority List of Secondary Road Improvements and VDoT Six Year Secondary Construction Program Budget (FY11-12 to FY16-17).
11. SP-2010-00042, David Brown Auto Detailing and Repair (Sign #120). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit for a public garage with auto detailing and repair ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Rural Areas (RA) - agricultural, forestal and fishery uses SECTION: 10.2.2 (37) Public garage COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - Preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density .5 units /acre of development lots ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No LOCATION: 599 Rocky Hollow Rd. (Rt. 769); east of Stony Point Rd. (Rt. 20). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 062000000076A1 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
12. WPTA-2012-00001. Water Protection Ordinance. Amend Sec. 17-321, Types of development which may be allowed in stream buffer by program authority, of Chapter 17, Water Protection, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 17-321 to allow the program authority to authorize development, with an approved mitigation plan, within the 50 feet of a stream buffer that is the most landward if the development would be on a lot that is within both a development area and a water supply protection area where the stream buffer protects an intermittent stream.
13. ZTA-2012-00002. Water and Sewer. Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 4.1, Area and health regulations related to utilities, 4.2, Critical slopes, 4.2.1, Building site required, 4.2.2, Building site area and dimensions, 4.2.3, Location of structures and improvements, 4.2.4, Location of septic systems, 4.7, Open space, 5.1.43, Special events, 5.1.44, Farm worker housing, and 10.5.2, Where permitted by special use permit; and repeal Secs. 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 (all untitled), of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the regulations pertaining to building sites, critical slopes, and water supplies and sewer systems serving developments and individual lots by adding and deleting definitions (3.1), restating and clarifying the standards for developments and lots to be served by public or private water supplies and sewer systems (4.1), updating the terminology for provisions pertaining to critical slopes (4.2), clarifying the minimum standards for building sites (4.2.1), restating the minimum standards for building site area and dimensions for uses not served by public sewer systems, and providing for special exceptions from those standards and for alternative onsite sewer systems (4.2.2), eliminating an ambiguity as to whether special use permits for additional development rights are permitted in the watershed of a public water supply reservoir (not allowed) (10.5.2), and making corresponding technical changes and non-substantive changes updating terminology to other related sections (4.2.3, 4.2.4, 4.7, 5.1.43, 5.1.44, 10.5.2). A copy of the full text of the ordinance is on file in the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors and in the Department of Community Development, County Office Building, 401 McIntire Road, Charlottesville, Virginia.
14. STA-2012-00001. Water & Sewer. Amend Secs. 14-106, Definitions, 14-309, Soil evaluations, 14-310, Health director approval of individual private wells and/or septic systems, 14-415 Central water supplies and sewerage systems, and 14-416, Individual private wells and septic systems, of Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the regulations pertaining to onsite sewage systems serving subdivision lots by adding definitions pertaining to onsite sewage systems (14-106), and by allowing subdivision lots to be served by either conventional or alternative onsite sewage systems, requiring health director review of such systems, and revising the terminology (14-309, 14-310 and 14-416); and would amend the minimum area requirements for lots served by central water supplies or central sewerage systems (14-415).
15. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
16. Adjourn to May 10, 2012.
9.1 Approval of Minutes: January 4 and February 8(N), 2012.
9.2 HO-2011-152. Stanley Chang. Home occupation modification for traffic generation.
9.3 FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
9.4 FY 2012/13 Resolution of Appropriations – Capital Budget.
9.5 Housing Choice Vouchers – Status of Commitment to The Crossings.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|