1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
a. Governor’s Technology Awards.
b. VML “Go Green” Challenge for 2011.
c. Albemarle County firefighters - Fill the Boot Campaign for the Central Virginia Muscular Dystrophy Association.
6. Appointment of Human Resources Director.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
10:00 a.m. - Action Items:
9. Video Streaming Board of Supervisors’ meetings.
10. Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission (TJPDC) Legislative Program, David Blount.
11. Review of Solid Waste Service Options.
12. Albemarle County Environmental Stewardship Strategic Plan.
13. 11:30 a.m. - Public Hearing: ZTA-2010-00005 Signs – Amend Secs. 4.15.1, Purpose and intent, 4.15.2, Definitions, 4.15.4, Signs authorized by sign permit, 4.15.6, Signs exempt from the sign permit requirement, 4.15.7, Prohibited signs and sign characteristics, 4.15.8, Regulations applicable in the MHD, RA, VR, R-1 and R-2 zoning districts, 4.15.9, Regulations applicable in the R-4 and R-6 zoning districts, 4.15.11, Regulations applicable in the PUD, DCD and NMD zoning districts, 4.15.12, Regulations applicable in the C-1 and CO zoning districts, 4.15.13, Regulations applicable in the HC, PD-SC and PD-MC zoning districts, 4.15.14, Regulations applicable in the HI, LI and PD-IP zoning districts, 4.15.15, Regulations applicable in the entrance corridor overlay district, 30.6.4, Certificates of appropriateness, and 30.6.5, Development exempt from requirement to obtain certificate of appropriateness, and add Sec. 4.15.4A, Signs authorized by temporary sign permit, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the stated purpose and intent of the sign regulations (4.15.1), add and amend definitions (4.15.2), amend the procedures for obtaining sign permits and permits for temporary signs (4.15.4, 4.15.4A), increase the number of permits for temporary signs allowed in a calendar year from 4 to 6 and allow the 60 day period to be aggregated among the several permits (4.15.4A), amend the scope of home occupation and window signs that are exempt from the sign permit requirement (4.15.6), increase the area of a window or door covered by signs from 25% to 50% before they are considered prohibited signs that obstruct vision (4.15.7), amend the sign regulations applicable to the several zoning districts by increasing the maximum size of freestanding signs from 24 to 32 sq. ft. and allow bonus panel signs in some districts, reducing the minimum sign setback for directory and temporary signs in certain districts from 10 to 5 feet, amending the maximum height of temporary and wall signs in some districts, standardizing the method for calculating the permitted area of a wall sign (1.5 sq. ft. per linear foot of structure frontage), allowing sandwich board signs in the commercial and planned industrial zoning districts, and having the Highway Commercial district be subject to the sign regulations in section 4.15.12 rather than section 4.15.13 (4.15.8, 4.15.9, 4.15.11 through 4.15.14), eliminate the requirement of a certificate of appropriateness for a window sign or a sign visible through a window (4.15.15), add standards for bonus panel signs and sandwich board signs (4.15.16), allow all signs, rather than just walls signs, to be eligible for a countywide certificate of appropriateness (30.6.4), and amend the class of signs exempt from the requirement for a certificate of appropriateness (30.6.5).
14. Closed Meeting.
15. Certify Closed Meeting.
16. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
1:30 p.m. – Presentations:
17. DIA Update, Phil Roberts, DIA Chief for Rivanna Station, and Col John Strycula, Post Commander Ft Belvoir.
18. Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman
19. VDOT Update, David Crim.
20. Meadow Creek Parkway Resolution of Intent.
21. Route 29 Western Bypass Resolution from the Jack Jouett Bypass Design Committee.
22. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
23. Adjourn to November 9, 2011, 4:00 p.m., Room 241.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: August 17 and September 21, 2010; March 2, March 3, March 7(A), March 9(N), April 19(A), April 20 and June 1, 2011.
8.2 Cancel November 9, 2011 Regular Night Meeting.
8.3 FY 2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.4 FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.5 ACE Round 10 Approvals - Accept completed Rushia and Nash/Violette Appraisals; Approve extending invitations to sell a conservation easements.
8.6 VDOT Revenue Sharing Program Application, FY 2012/13.
8.7 Resolution to accept Olympia Drive and Town and Country Lane Connector into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.8 Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) Resolution.
8.9 Initiatives to Address Gang Activity in Albemarle County.
8.10 FY 2012 1st Quarter Cash and Non-Cash Proffer Report and 2011 State Survey of Cash Proffers.
8.11 Summary of Grant Applications Submitted in September, 2011.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|