3:00 p.m., Room 241 – Joint Meeting with School Board
1. Call to Order.
2. Presentation: School Division base line budget review and future funding needs
3. From the Boards: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6:00 p.m. – Lane Auditorium – Regular Night Meeting
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. Whittington PRD Amendment - Request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Areas for sewer service to the Whittington Subdivision located on Old Lynchburg Road. Samuel Miller District. (Deferred from September 1, 2010.)
8. PROJECT: SP-2009-00033. Coleman Morris Development Right (Sign #51). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit for one additional development right to create a minimum 2-acre parcel. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2 (28) Divisions of land as provided in section 10.5.2.1. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/ acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 5391 Morris Knoll Lane; approx 1600 feet west of the intersection of Rt 720 Harris Creek Rd. and Rt. 20 Scottsville Rd; approx 1.5 mi. north of Rt 712 Plank Rd. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 112 00000003200. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
9. PROJECT: SP-2010-00018. Matheny Development Right Request (Signs #44&46). PROPOSED: Request for one additional development right for a family subdivision. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2.28, Divisions of land as provided in section 10.5.2.1. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 2839 Craigs Store Rd (Rt 635), approx 2000 feet south of the intersection with White Mountain Road (Rt 736). Tax Map 84 Parcel 14E. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
10. CPA-2009-02. Crozet Master Plan. Amend the Land Use Plan section of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by replacing the existing profile for the Community of Crozet and the Crozet Master Plan with a revised Crozet Master Plan, which establishes new land use policies, guidelines, recommendations, goals and strategies for future development within the master plan area, which may include or exclude lands beyond those described in the existing neighborhood and community profile and the removal of an approximately 29-acre portion of TMP 56-66 (NE of Firehouse Lane) from the Community of Crozet boundaries. The Crozet Master Plan would establish the following for the master plan area: a vision for the area and guiding principles; a future land use plan designating existing and proposed centers, mixed use areas, industrial areas, residential areas, preservation areas; a plan for the transportation network, and its integration with the land uses; a plan for providing and supporting community facilities and services; a plan for parks and green systems; and a plan for implementing the master plan. CPA 2006-02, which is a proposal to remove the proposed road shown in the 2004 Crozet Master Plan across TMP 56-14D, will also be considered in conjunction with the Crozet Master Plan. Copies of the full text of the Crozet Master Plan and related maps are on file in the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors and in the Department of Community Development, County Office Building, 401 McIntire Road, Charlottesville, Virginia.
11. PROJECT: SP-2009-00034. RE-STORE'N STATION (Signs #33&36). PROPOSED: Use of more than 400 gallons of groundwater per site-acre per day for convenience store. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: HC, Highway Commercial - retail sales and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/acre); EC Entrance Corridor - Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 22.214.171.124, Uses permitted by right, not served by public water, involving water consumption exceeding four hundred (400) gallons per site acre per day. Uses permitted by right, not served by public sewer, involving anticipated discharge of sewage other than domestic wastes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: US 250 (Rockfish Gap Turnpike) approximately 1,600 feet (0.3 miles) west of Western Albemarle High School. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 55B Parcel 1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
12. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: July 7, 2010.
6.2 Request to defer ZMA-2006-0008 – Berkmar Business Park to December 8, 2010.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|