1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Morgan Butler, Fiscal Impact Advisory Committee.
b. Proclamation to commemorate the Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA) 35th Anniversary.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next page).
9:45 a.m. - Public Hearings
8. SP-2007-00028. Faith Christian Center International Church (Sign #5). PROPOSED: Church use with multi-purpose building including 399-seat sanctuary, administrative offices, classrooms, playground, as well parking on site. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2(35). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (.5 unit/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Route 250 East, 0.35 miles southeast of the Interstate 64 interchange. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 78, Parcels 47 and 47A. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
9. SP-2007-00029. Faith Christian Center International Church Daycare (Sign #5). PROPOSED: Operate Daycare/Preschool, 2year olds - Kindergarten, 50 children maximum; proposed located Faith Christian Center International Church (SP2007-28). ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2(7). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Route 250 East, 0.35 miles southeast of the Interstate 64 interchange. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 78, Parcels 47 and 47A. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
10. Miller School, Water Protection Ordinance Exception.
11. Whittington PRD Amendment - Request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Areas for sewer service to the Whittington Subdivision located on Old Lynchburg Road. Samuel Miller District.
12. Route 800 - VA Byway Designation. To consider adopting a resolution to support Virginia Byway designation (denoted by “VB”) for Route 800 from the intersection of Route 6, also a Virginia Byway, to the Albemarle County/Nelson County line. If this road is designated, it would become part of a coordinated promotional scenic route strategy to promote Virginia tourism, and it would make the road eligible to participate in the National Scenic Byway Program. There are no land use restrictions placed on lands abutting designated roads other than on the installation of new signs advertising off-site uses and activities (billboards).
13. An ordinance to amend section 4-105, Care of companion animals; penalty, section 4-400, Vaccination of dogs and cats required, and section 4-401, Rabid animals, of Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance amends the local animal laws to parallel the re-codified Virginia Code provisions related to local animal laws by increasing the penalty for repeated violations of section 4-105 and by clarifying in sections 4-400 and 4-401 the procedures and responsibilities among the Health Department, the County and others to prevent and control rabies.
10:45 a.m. - Action Items
14. Overview of the County’s Efforts to Obtain Grants and Leverage County Resources.
15. Community Advisory Council Restructuring.
11:15 a.m. – Presentations Items
16. Quarterly Updates:
a. Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA), Gary O’Connell.
b. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA), Tom Frederick.
17. Closed Meeting.
18. Certify Closed Meeting.
19. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Work Sessions
20. CPA-2009-02. Crozet Master Plan Update, Elaine Echols.
21. Places29, Expansion areas and transportation improvements, David Benish/Judith Wiegand.
22. Community Development – Legislative Review Process, Mark Graham.
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: May 5 and June 2, 2010.
7.2 Fiscal Year 2011 Community Services Performance Contract for Region Ten.
7.3 FY 2010 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.4 FY 2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.5 Commission on Children and Families (CCF) Amended Lease.
7.6 2009 Emergency Management Program Grant.
7.7 Resolution approving Keswick Utilities, Inc.’s application for a certification of public convenience and necessity to allow additional connections to the Keswick central water and septic system.
7.8 Overview of the upcoming 2011 redistricting process.
7.9 Biennial review of fees associated with the Building Regulation and Water Protection Ordinances.
7.10 Copy of Report on Audit for the period of January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009, Debra M. Shipp, Clerk of the Circuit Court of the County of Albemarle, as prepared by the Auditor of Public Accountants, Commonwealth of Virginia (on file in Clerk's office).
7.11 2010 Second Quarter Certificate of Occupancy Report, as prepared by the County of Albemarle Community Development Department.
7.12 2010 Second Quarter Building Report, as prepared by the County of Albemarle Community Development Department.
7.13 VDOT, Culpeper District Monthly Report, for Albemarle County, September , 2010.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|