COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
FY 2010 Appropriations
Approval of Budget Amendment and Appropriation #2010018, #201019, #201020, #201021, and #201022 for various general government, schools, and capital programs
Messrs. Tucker, Foley, Davis and Wiggans
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
September 2, 2009
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
Virginia Code § 15.2-2507 provides that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget; provided, however, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Funds, E911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
The total of this requested FY 2010 appropriation is $2,535,924.19. A budget amendment public hearing is not required because the cumulative appropriations will not exceed one percent of the currently adopted budget.
Goal 5: Develop a comprehensive funding strategy/plan to address the County’s growing needs
This request involves the approval of five (5) new FY 2010 appropriations as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2010018) transferring $91,000.00 for road and drainage improvements to Sun Ridge Road;
· One (1) appropriation (#2010019) totaling $113,138.00 for a Community Policing grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2010020) totaling $55,870.00 for grants to replace equipment at the Emergency Communications Center;
· One (1) appropriation (#2010021) totaling $831,453.00 to change the way the Office of Facilities Development is funded; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2010022) totaling $1,535,463.19 for various school programs and grants.
Staff recommends approval of the budget amendment in the amount of $2,535,924.19 and the approval of Appropriations #2010018, #2010019, #2010020, #2010021, and #2010022.
Return to consent agenda
Return to regular agenda