May 29, 2009
David Wyant PE
4686 Garth Road
Crozet VA 22932
RE: SP200800025 Earlysville Service Center Relocation
Dear Mr. Wyant:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on May 19, 2009, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Development of the use shall be in accord with the conceptual plan titled “Special Use Permit Earlysville Service Center, 4036 Earlysville Road Earlysville, VA 22936”, prepared by DW Enterprises and dated March 23, 2009 (hereafter, the “Conceptual Plan”), as determined by the Director of Planning and the Zoning Administrator. To be in accord with the Concept Plan, development shall reflect the following major elements within the development essential to the design of the development:
2. Upon issuance of a certificate of occupancy for the public garage constructed under SP-2008-00025, public garages shall be prohibited in the C-1 zoned portion of the parcel and the public garage in the C-1 zoned portion of the parcel existing on June 10, 2009 shall terminate.
3. The size, height and location of the proposed building (no more than 5,000 square feet / maximum 35’ high)
4. The location of the perimeter landscaping and limits of clearing, with the exception of minimum clearing possible to install drainfields and utilities
5. The number of parking spaces (maximum 46 spaces) and general location / arrangement of the parking spaces;
6. A public garage use in the existing building on the property shall be permanently terminated upon issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy;
7. Additional landscape materials, either replanted from the area to be cleared for the garage site or new landscape materials, shall be installed in the undisturbed buffer area inside the boundary of the special use permit as may be necessary to achieve very little visibility between the garage site and the public right-of-way and adjacent properties, as depicted on Attachment B;
8. A minimum 6’ high fence shall be constructed in the location shown on Attachment B (20’ inside the special use permit boundary and outside the 75’ front setback) to provide an additional buffer for the adjacent property (TMP 31-14H);
9. The sale or rental of vehicles or other motorized equipment is prohibited;
10.Gasoline sales are prohibited;
11. The outdoor storage of parts, equipment, machinery and junk is prohibited. All storage shall take place inside the storage shed and/or inside the building;
12.The sale or rental of vehicles or other motorized equipment is prohibited;
13.All repairing or equipping of vehicles shall take place inside the existing garage;
14.Parking of vehicles associated with the public garage shall take place only in the parking spaces depicted on the Concept Plan;
15.The hours of operation shall not exceed (earlier or later) than 8 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. These hours do not prohibit customers from dropping off vehicles before or after permitted the hours of operation;
16.A maximum of twelve (12) employees shall be permitted on-site at any one time;
17.All outdoor lighting shall be only full cut-off fixtures and shielded to reflect light away from all abutting properties. A lighting plan limiting light levels at the north, west, and south property lines and the east boundary of the area designated to the special use permit to no greater than 0.3 foot candles shall be submitted to the Zoning Administrator or their designee for approval;
18.Approval from the Department of Environmental Quality shall be required prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy;
19.Approval from the Health Department shall be required prior to issuance of a building permit;
20.Commencement of SP-2008-00025 shall begin within five (5) years of the date of its approval by the Board of Supervisors.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on August 5, 2009.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.