May 8, 2009
20 Buck Drive
Ruckersville, Va 22968
RE: SP200700052 Nortonsville Church of God Facility Expansion
Tax Map 9 Parcel 4
Dear Mr. Morris:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on April 21, 2009, by a vote of 6:0 recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The development of the site shall be in general accord with the “Conceptual Site Plan” prepared for Nortonsville Church of God by TCS Engineering Co., LLC, dated April 3, 2009 (hereinafter, the "Conceptual Plan"), provided that the maximum building size shall be governed by Condition 2 rather than the Conceptual Plan. Minor variations from the Conceptual Plan may be approved by the Zoning Administrator in conjunction with site plan review to ensure compliance with the Zoning Ordinance. The arrangement of parking spaces may be altered so that County standards for safe and convenient access may be met. The total number of parking spaces shall be in accord with a parking study approved by Zoning staff before approval of the preliminary site plan for this use.
2. The footprint of the building identified on the Conceptual Plan as “Proposed Multi-Purpose Building” shall not exceed 14,500 square feet.
3. A dwelling used by the church's staff, located within the church, may be permitted as an accessory use.
4. All structures shall meet commercial setback standards as set forth in Section 21.7(b) of the Albemarle County Zoning Ordinance. The tot lot is not subject to this condition.
5. A fire-suppression water supply meeting the approval of the Albemarle County Fire/Rescue Department shall be required before approval of the preliminary site plan for this use.
6. Health Department approval of well and/or septic systems.
7. All outdoor lighting shall be only full cut-off fixtures and shielded to reflect light away from all abutting properties. A lighting plan limiting light levels at all property lines to no greater than 0.3 foot candles shall be submitted to the Zoning Administrator or their designee for approval.
8. There shall be no day care center or private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit;
9. If the use, structure, or activity for which this special use permit is issued is not commenced within sixty (60) months after the permit is issued, the permit shall be deemed abandoned and the authority granted there under shall thereupon terminate.
10. The church should work out an agreement with the adjoining neighbor(s) to provide some sort of screening be it a fence, shrubbery, trees, or whatever is acceptable. The screening is to reduce the noise and trash. On the lower side closest to Parcel 96H, all of the fencing and landscaping, if the neighbors decided it was needed, would be on the church property. Note: The fencing and other screening should be provided for those neighbors that make accommodations with the church to have it.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on June 10, 2009.
Go to next attachment
Return to exec summary
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.