1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Bright Stars.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:40 a.m. – Presentations/Information Items:
8. Annual Presentation, Dr. Frank Friedman, Piedmont Virginia Community College.
9. Annual Report, Commission on Children and Families.
10:00 a.m. – Action Items.
10. Crozet Library Update.
11. Ordinance Amendment – Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl.
10:30 a.m. - Public hearings:
12. Buck’s Elbow Mountain Tower Lease. Pursuant to Virginia Code § 15.2-1800(B), the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to consider leasing space on its telecommunications tower and its property, located on an approximately .23 acre parcel fronting Buck’s Elbow Mountain Road on Buck’s Elbow Mountain (TMP 39-1B1), to U.S. Cellular Corporation.
13. The Old Crozet School Arts Lease of the Old Crozet Elementary School. Proposed lease agreement between the County and the Old Crozet School Arts to lease a portion of the former Old Crozet Elementary School.
14. PROJECT: SP 2009-0004 Old Crozet School Arts. PROPOSED: Request to amend SP 91-10 to allow for the existing Old Crozet School building and grounds to be used for both a private school for arts instruction and also the Field School, a private middle school for boys. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: R-1 Residential - 1 unit/acre. SECTION: 126.96.36.199.5 Private Schools. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Designated CT 1 Development Area Preserve for Parks and Greenways in the Crozet Master Plan and limited residential at densities of 1 dwelling unit per 20 acres. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 1408 Crozet Avenue. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 56, Parcels 61 and 62. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
11:00 a.m. - Work Sessions:
15. Grass Ordinance.
16. STA-2008-01 – Private Streets and Single Point of Access.
17. Closed Meeting.
18. Certify Closed Meeting.
19. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
20. a. VDoT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
c. Discussion: Hatton Ferry Funding.
2:45 p.m. - Work Sessions (continued):
21. Joint Meeting with Planning Commission: Rural Area Strategies Chapter of Comp Plan.
22. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
23. Adjourn to June 10, 2009, 2:30 p.m.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: June 4 and December 3, 2008; and March 5, April 2 and May 9, 2009.
7.2 FY 2009 Appropriations.
7.3 Resolution of Intent to Amend the Subdivision Ordinance regarding prerequisites to submitting final site plat.
7.4 Cancel August 12, 2009 Board of Supervisors’ Meeting.
7.5 Traffic Light Signal Monitoring Systems (“Photo Red systems”).
7.6 Board-to-Board, June 2009, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
7.7 Copy of letter dated May 20, 2009 to Brian S. Ray, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning Administration, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS – Tax Map 70, Parcel 14 (property of Tiverton Farm II LLC) White Hall Magisterial District.
7.8 Copy of letter dated May 21, 2009 to J. Walker Richmond, III, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 111, Parcel 41 (property of Tye River Limited Partnership & Mary D. Tilghman, Trustee of Mary D. Tilghman Revocable Trust) Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
7.9 Report on Audit for the Clerk of the Circuit Court for the County of Albemarle, for June 1, 2007 through December 31, 2008, as prepared by the Auditor of Public Accounts, Commonwealth of Virginia (on file in Clerk's office).
7.10 Emergency Debris Wastepile Permits.
7.11 Albemarle County’s Sheriff’s Office 2008-09 Game Enforcement Summary.
7.12 Animal Noise Ordinance Update.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|