1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Election of Chairman.
5. Election of Vice-Chairman.
6. Appointment of Clerk and Senior Deputy Clerk.
7. Set Meeting Times, Dates and Places for Calendar Year 2009.
8. Set Dates for Hearing Zoning Text Amendments Requested by Citizens.
9. Rules of Procedure, Adoption of.
10. Boards and Commissions Policy, Adoption of.
11. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
12. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
13. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
10:00 a.m. – Information Items:
14. Department of Social Services Advisory Board Annual Report, Claude Foster.
10:15 a.m. – Action Items:
15. Charlottesville Free Clinic/Health Department Proposal.
16. Crozet Master Plan Five Year Update.
17. Economic Opportunity Fund Guidelines and Proposals.
18. Closed Meeting.
19. Certify Closed Meeting.
20. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
21. a. VDoT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. – Public Hearings:
22. Virginia Community Development Block Grant Program - To solicit public input on local housing and community development needs in relation to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding available to the County.
23. Route 20 Visitor's Center - To consider the conveyance to the City of Charlottesville of a one-half interest in property owned by Albemarle County, known as TMP 77-15B (consisting of 5.911 acres, together with improvements, located at the southwest quadrant of the interchange of Interstate Route 64 and-State Route 20, formerly housing the Monticello Visitor’s Center and an information center for the Charlottesville-Albemarle Convention & Visitors’ Bureau), and the joint conveyance by the County and City of the entire interest in that property to the State Board for Community Colleges.
24. Request to grant sanitary sewer line easement across Belvedere Boulevard - To consider granting a permanent sewer line easement to the Albemarle County Service Authority across property owned by Albemarle County known as Belvedere Boulevard, located approximately 0.25 miles north of East Rio Road. This easement is necessary to allow the Albemarle County Service Authority to maintain and operate a sanitary sewer line.
25. Ivy Creek Natural Area (ICNA) Tenant House Lease - To consider the approval of a proposed Lease Agreement for the tenant house located in the Ivy Creek Natural Area Park. The property is jointly owned by the County of Albemarle and the City of Charlottesville and the house is leased to tenants who assist in maintenance of the Park.
26. ZTA2008-00003 Administrative Waivers – Amend Sections 4.2.5, Modification or waiver; 4.7, Regulations governing open space, 4.7.1, Open space, intent, 4.7.2, Uses permitted in open space, 4.7.3, Open space, design requirements, 4.7.4, Ownership of open space; 21.7, Minimum yard requirements, and its untitled subsections 21.7.1, 21.7.2 and 21.7.3; 26.10, Minimum yard requirements, and its untitled subsections 26.10.1, 26.10.2, and 26.10.3; 32.2, When required, and its untitled subsections 32.2.1 and 32.2.2; and add Section 4.2.5, Modification or waiver, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would add Section 2.5 to establish a standard procedure for waivers by the agent of certain requirements of Sections 4.2.5, 4.7, 21.7, 26.10 and 32.2; amend Section 4.2.5 to establish procedures for waivers of certain requirements of Section 4.2 by the commission and the agent; amend Section 4.7 and its subsections regarding regulations governing open space; amend Section 21.7 and its subsections regarding minimum yard requirements in commercial zoning districts and authorized waivers; Section 26.10 and its subsections, regarding minimum yard requirements in industrial zoning districts and authorized waivers; and Section 32.2 and its subsections, regarding when a site plan is required and authorizing waivers of the site plan requirement.
27. Work Session: CPA-2008-004. Economic Development Policy - Update (deferred from December 3, 2008).
28. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
13.1 Approval of Minutes:
13.2 FY 2009 Appropriations.
13.3 Resolution Regarding the Commonwealth’s FY 2009-2010 Budget Shortfall.
13.4 Resolution to accept road(s) in Woodlands Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
13.5 Resolution to accept road(s) in Fishing Creek Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
13.6 Resolution to accept road(s) in Fontana Subdivision, Phase 4B, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
13.7 Voluntary Early Retirement Incentive Program (VERIP) – Amendment of Personnel Policy §P-63, Retirement.
13.8 Competitive Swimming Funding Requests.
13.9 Copy of letter dated December 11, 2008 from Brandon D. Kiracofe, Environmental Engineer Senior, Department of Environmental Quality, to Kenneth C. Boyd, Chairman, re: Reissuance of VPDES Permit No. VA0025470, Scottsville WWTP.
13.10 Letter dated December 10, 2008 from Todd P. Haymore, Commissioner, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, to Ella W. Jordan, Clerk, re: designation of Albemarle County as a primary natural disaster area due to losses caused by drought and excessive heat during 2008 crop year.
13.11 Copy of letter dated December 17, 2008 from Francis H. MacCall, Senior Planner, to Duane Zobrist, Zobrist Law Group, LLC, re: LOD20080020 – OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 102, Parcel 38JH; Tax Map 103, Parcel 16B; Tax Map 103, Parcel 16D; Tax Map 113, Parcel 2A (Property of Matthew Richard Singleton & Elizabeth St Cloud Muse Living Trust) – Scottsville Magisterial District.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|