1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Liz Costin, Program Coordinator, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Inc.
b. Green Roof Award.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. – Action Items:
8. Synthetic Turf Athletic Fields.
10:05 a.m. – Information/Presentation Items:
9. Annual Update on StreamWatch, John Murphy. (Note: Full StreamWatch Report)
10. CountyView Web Demonstration.
10:40 p.m. - Work Session:
11. Economic Development Policy Update.
11:15 a.m. – Public Hearings:
12. To consider an ordinance to amend Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, of the Albemarle County Code, by amending Article I, In General, and Article IV, County Vehicle Licenses. The proposed amendment would 1) eliminate the requirement to display a County vehicle decal, 2) make failure to obtain a County vehicle license a Class 4 misdemeanor, and 3) eliminate the requirement that a vehicle license tax be paid before a violation for a failure to obtain a vehicle license could be discharged.
13. PROJECT: SP-2008-033. Shadwell Market (Signs # 8&20). PROPOSAL: Use of more than 400 gallons of groundwater per site-acre per day for convenience store. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: C-1 Commercial - retail sales and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/ acre); EC Entrance Corridor - Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 184.108.40.206, Uses permitted by right, not served by public water, involving water consumption exceeding four hundred (400) gallons per site acre per day. Uses permitted by right, not served by public sewer, involving anticipated discharge of sewage other than domestic wastes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Intersection of US 250 (Richmond Road) and Route 22/231. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 79 Parcel 9. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
14. Closed Meeting.
15. Certify Closed Meeting.
16. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
17. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. - Work Session:
18. Five Year Financial Plan.
19. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
20. Adjourn to December 9, 2008, 12:00 Noon, Room 241.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: September 28, 2007; January 16, March 17, August 13, October 1, October 22, October 24 and November 7, 2008.
7.2 CPA 2008-01. Water Supply Planning Update. (deferred from November 12, 2008.)
7.3 FY 2009 Appropriations.
7.4 Partnership with VDOT for County Removal of Illegal Advertising Signs in the Highway Right-of-Way.
7.5 Set public hearing for Community Development Block Grand Fund application process.
7.6 Expansion of the existing water supply system at Earlysville Business Park to include a proposed new use.
7.6a Acquisition of Garnett ACE Easement.
7.7 Board-to-Board Monthly Communications Report from School Board, December, 2008.
7.8 FY09 First Quarter Financial Report.
7.9 Copy of letter dated November 3, 2008, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning of Administration, to Grant Cosner, re: LOD-2008-0017 – OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 94, Parcels 8 & 48 (Property of KIMCO LC) – Scottsville Magisterial District.
7.10 Copy of letter dated October 31, 2008, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning of Administration, to Linda C. Benton, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 117, Parcel 20 (Property of Andrew c. Craig Estate) – Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
7.11 October 24, 2008 Board Strategic Plan Retreat Follow Up Activities.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|