COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Request to rezone 0.977 acres from HC, Highway Commercial to LI, Light Industrial, in order to use the existing building on site for a contractor’s office and storage yard.
Cilimberg, Echols, Grant
LEGAL REVIEW: NO
April 9, 2008
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
Woolen Mills Self Storage, LLC
On March 11, 2008, the Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Innovative Construction rezoning request. Staff and the Commission recommended approval of the rezoning request provided that the following be resolved prior to the Board public hearing: (See Attachment I)
1. The applicant provides an agreement/proffer to hook up to water and/or sewer when either he expands his use or the water and/or sewer is brought to any edge of the property.
2. The plan and uses should be proffered.
3. Technical and language revisions to the proffers.
The applicant has provided the following to address the Planning Commission’s recommendations (See Attachment II):
1. Proffer 4, describes that the Owner shall connect the property to public water and sewer within one year after each of these services becomes available either along the Avon Street Extended frontage of the property or within a public easement adjacent to the property. Until the connection to public water and sewer is made, the use of the property shall be limited to a single use permitted by Proffer 1. Furthermore, proffer 5 addresses the concern regarding the intensification of the site by stating that “until the Owner connects the Property to public water and sewer, there shall be no changes to the Property from what is depicted on the Plat……”
2. Proffer 1 describes the allowable uses and proffers 2, 3 and 5 describe the plan and what is allowed by the plan.
3. Proffers have been appropriately revised to address technical and language needs.
Staff and the Planning Commission recommend approval of ZMA 2007-000022 Innovative Construction, inclusive of proffers dated and signed March 20, 2008, including the plan described as the J.V. Webster Property dated April 25, 2005.
Attachment I: Planning Commission Staff Report, dated March 11, 2008
Attachment II: Proffers dated and signed March 20, 2008
Return to PC actions letter