October 17, 2007
David Jones-Community Housing Partners
100 West Franklin Street Suite 300
Richmond, Va 23220
RE: ZMA2007-00012 Blue Ridge CoHousing (Sign # 71, 77)
Tax Map 57, Parcel 67A (Portion of Tax Map 56, Parcel 67B)
To Whom It May Concern:
On October 9, 2007, the Albemarle County Planning Commission approved a motion to recommend denial by a vote of 7:0 of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. This recommendation of denial was based on the following staff recommendations:
1. Stream buffers appear to be impacted by grading.
2. The applicant has not demonstrated permission from easement holders that use Parkview Drive will be granted so that the road can be upgraded to accommodate this development.
3. Proffers are inadequate to mitigate the impacts of the development and do not meet established Board expectations and should be provided using the County's proffer form.
4. Emergency access provisions need to be verified with Fire Rescue to confirm that the plan provided can be approved as shown without significant redesign to meeting Fire Rescue comments.
5. Workable concepts for stormwater management have not been demonstrated on the application plan.
6. Sight distance must be confirmed and easements may be required by VDOT.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on November 14, 2007. It is the Board of Supervisorís preference that a public hearing not be advertised until all of the final materials for a zoning application have been received by the County and are available for public review. Therefore any new or additional information regarding your application, including final proffers if applicable, must be submitted to our office at least twenty-one (21) days prior to your scheduled hearing date, which is October 24, 2007.
View Exec Summary and attachments
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes: October 9 and April 24, 2007
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.