September 24, 2007
301 East High Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903
RE: SP 2007-000025 First Christian Church (Sign # 1 & 2)
Tax Map 79, Parcel 24A
Dear Mr. Whipple:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on September 11, 2007, recommended approval of the above-noted petition by a vote of 4:0 to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The church’s improvements and the scale and location of the improvements shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan entitled “First Christian Church, Albemarle County, Virginia – Minor Amendment to the Special Use Permit” prepared by McKee Carson, and dated May 29, 2007.
2. The area of assembly shall be limited to a maximum 306-seat sanctuary.
3. No grading or tree removal shall take place within the area marked "area not to be disturbed" on the conceptual plan or within the 75-foot setback adjacent to Route 250 East.
4. No erosion and sedimentation control plan nor building permit shall be approved for the area marked "area not to be disturbed" without prior approval of a tree conservation plan complying with section 18.104.22.168 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. All parking setbacks and undisturbed buffers required by Zoning Ordinance section 21.7, Minimum Yard Requirements, shall apply if this use is developed.
6. All outdoor lighting shall be arranged or shielded to reflect light away from the abutting properties.
7. The existing prescriptive right-of-way along this parcel’s Keswick Road (Rte. 731) frontage shall be replaced with a public right-of-way at least 25 ft wide and dedicated to public use.
8. There shall be no day care center or private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit;
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 10, 2007.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.