1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Proclamation recognizing October 2007 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
b. Proclamation recognizing Latino Heritage Month.
c. Total Rewards.
d. Digital Government.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
8. 9:45 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Advance Mills Bridge Update.
b. VDOT Monthly Report.
c. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
9. 10:45 a.m. - Wine Industry on Agricultural Economy in Albemarle, Presentation by Bill Moses.
10. 11:00 a.m. - Boys and Girls Club, Presentation by Tim Sinatra.
11. 11:15 p.m. – School Support Services Complex.
11:35 a.m. - Economic Development
Policy, 2007 Update. (Remove from agenda)
13. Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
16. SP-2007-0012. John Murphy Home Occupations Class B (Signs#104,105). PROPOSED: Administrative office/stream monitoring laboratory; not more than two employees/volunteers. LOCATION: 841 Turner Mountain Lane, off Tilman Rd north of Rt 250 West. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 58, Parcel 55. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
17. SP-2007-0018. Blue Ridge Equine Clinic Amendment (Sign #12). PROPOSED: Amend special use permit for equine veterinary clinic to allow addition of four horse stalls on southeast side of existing barn and three horse stalls on west side of existing barn. LOCATION: Mockernut Lane at the intersection with Buck Mountain Rd (Rt 665). TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 30, Parcel 110. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
18. SP-2007-0019. St. George Church Addition. PROPOSED: Addition to existing church building. LOCATION: 7240 Scottsville Rd; Scottsville Rd and Rt 626. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 130, Parcels 2A, 2A1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
19. SP-2007-0023. Kia Auto Display (Sign # 55). PROPOSED: Expansion of the Kia auto dealership, including outdoor display and sale of automobiles in the Entrance Corridor. LOCATION: Just north of the existing Kia auto dealership at 1390 Richmond Rd (Rt 250 East), and south of Olympia Dr (under review). TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 78, Parcel 9. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
20. SP-2007-0022. Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center - Access Rd (Signs #49,50&54). PROPOSED: Fill in the floodplain for an access Rd to the proposed Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center. LOCATION: Northern end of Darden Towe Park adjacent to the Rivanna River, on the west side of Stony Point Rd (Rt 20 North), approximately one-half mile north of the intersection with the Richmond Rd (Rt 250 East). TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 62, Parcel 23. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
21. SP-2007-0024. Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center (Signs #49,50&54). PROPOSED: Extension of Special Use Permit 2004-04 to allow the establishment of the Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center of Virginia. LOCATION: Northern end of Darden Towe Park, on the west side of Stony Point Rd (Rt 20 North), approximately one-half mile north of the intersection with the Richmond Rd (Rt 250 East). TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 62, Parcel 23. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
3:30 p.m. - Work Sessions:
22. Places29 – Chapters 5 and 6.
23. CPA-2006-003 and ZMA-2006-0019. Willow Glen. (Signs #27&29).
24. From the Board: Committee Reports.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: August 2 and September 6, 2006; January 3, January 10, February 14, March 14, April 11, May 2 and August 16, 2007.
7.2 FY 2007 Appropriations.
7.3 FY 2008 Appropriations.
7.4 Commission on Children & Families (CCF) Amended Lease.
7.5 Destruction of Tax Records.
7.6 FY 2006-07 ACE Appraisals from Round 7 and Purchase of Easements.
7.7 Resolution to include roads in Old Trail Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.8 Copy of letter dated August 9, 2007, from John Shepherd, Chief of Current Zoning, to MeadWestvaco Corporation, c/o George B. McCallum III, McCallum & Kudravetz, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS -- Tax Map 104, Parcel 8 (Property of MeadWestvaco Corporation) Section 10.3.1. – Scottsville Magisterial District.
7.9 Copy of Application of Virginia Electric and Power Company for a certificate of public convenience and necessity to construct and operate an electric generation facility in Wise County, Virginia, and for approval of a rate adjustment clause under §§56-585.1, 56-580 D and 56-46.1 of the Code of Virginia, Case No. PUE-2007-00066. (on file in Clerk's office)
7.10 Copy of Application of Columbia Gas of Virginia, Inc. for approval to revise its tariff to allow the implementation of an off-system sales and capacity release incentive mechanism, Case No. PUE-2007-00064 and copy of Application of Columbia Gas of Virginia, Inc. for approval of an amendment to a corporate sales agreement, Case No. PUE-2007-00072. (on file in Clerk's office)
7.11 Copy of minutes of the Planning Commission for July 10, 2007.
7.12 Letter dated August 20, 2007 from Keith A. Showman, Environmental Engineer, Department of Environmental Quality, to Kenneth Boyd, Chairman, re: Reissuance of VPDES Permit No. VA0076244, Stone Robinson Elementary School STP.
7.13 Letter dated August 20, 2007 from Joseph P. Hassell, Environmental Program Manager, Department of Environmental Quality, to Kenneth Boyd, Chairman, re: Virginia Water Protection Individual Permit Number 06-1574 – Ragged Mountain Reservoir Expansion Project, Albemarle County, Virginia, Notification of Pending Public Notice.
7.14 Board-to-Board, September 2007, A Monthly Communications report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
7.15 Proposed Grass/Weed and Building Maintenance Ordinances.
7.16 FY 2008-09 Operating Budget Events Calendar.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|