June 22, 2007
Travis and Angela Critzer
1145 James River Rd
Scottsville VA 24590
RE: SP 2007-00008 Camp Watermarks Amendment (Sign #47)
Tax Map 136, Parcel 9
Dear Mr. Critzer:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on June 12, 2007, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
The improvements, and the scale and location of the improvements
authorized by Special Use Permit 2007-08 Camp Watermarks, shall be in general
accord with the concept application plan dated
February 22, 2006 May 29,
2007, prepared by Angela and Travis Critzer, and titled “Watermarks Christian
Ministries Camp” (Attachment D) (Attachment A). However, the Zoning
Administrator may approve revisions to the concept application plan to
allow compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
Compliance with the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code shall be verified by
the Fire Marshall prior to issuance of a zoning compliance clearance and the
commencement of the special use.
Prior to issuance of the zoning compliance clearance, compliance with the
Virginia State Department of Health regarding minimum septic requirements shall
prior to the commencement of the special use. The VDH shall
re-review the status of septic standards within one year of the date of the
approval of the special use permit. At that time, and if necessary, systems
shall be upgraded or enrolment reduced based on VDH recommendations.
Prior to issuance of the zoning compliance clearance,
compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding kitchen
and food service approvals shall be verified.
by the Health Department prior
to clearance and the commencement of the Special Use Permit.
Total number of staff (in addition to the applicant and their family) on
site at one time shall be limited to
ten (10) twenty (20).
6. Camp sessions shall be limited to a maximum of sixteen (16), each one (1) week long, overnight sessions per year.
The maximum number of children per session shall be limited to
five (45) seventy five (75).
8. The maximum number of bus or van trips (round trips) to and from the camp, each week long session shall be six (6). Bus or van trips shall be the primary means of transportation for the children.
Five (5) truck delivers shall be allowed per week.
One food delivery
by truck shall be permitted per week long session.
10. Camp activities are permitted on Tax Map 136, Parcels 6B, 9, 9A2, 9D, 9D1, 9E.
11. Outdoor amplified sounds or bull horns shall be prohibited.
12. Compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding water supply shall be verified by the Health Department prior to issuance of a zoning compliance clearing and the commencement of the special use. The VDH shall re-review the status of water standards within one year of the date of the approval of the special use permit. At that time, and if necessary, systems shall be upgraded or enrolment reduced based on VDH recommendations.
13. This special use permit does not include approval for additional lighting subject to Chapter 18, Section 4.17 of the Zoning Ordinance.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on August 1, 2007.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes of January 9, February 6 and June 12, 2007
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Amy R. Arnold