February 27, 2007
Travis and Angela Critzer
Stuart Vernon Tapscott
1145 James River Rd
Scottsville VA 24590
RE: SP 2006-037 Camp Watermarks Amendment (Sign #24)
TM 136, Parcels 6B, 9D, 9D1, 9E
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Critzer and Mr. Tapscott:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on February 6, 2007, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The improvements, and the scale and location of the improvements authorized by Special Use Permit 2006-37 Camp Watermarks, shall be in general accord with the concept application plan dated February 22, 2006, prepared by Angela and Travis Critzer, and titled “Watermarks Christian Ministries Camp” (Attachment D). However, the Zoning Administrator may approve revisions to the concept application plan to allow compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
2. Compliance with the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code shall be verified by the Fire Marshall prior to issuance of a zoning compliance clearance and the commencement of the special use.
3. Compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding minimum septic requirements shall be required prior to the commencement of the special use.
4. Compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding kitchen and food service approvals shall be verified by the Health Department prior to clearance and the commencement of the Special Use Permit.
5. Total number of staff (in addition to the applicant and their family) on site at one time shall be limited to ten (10).
6. Camp sessions shall be limited to a maximum of sixteen (16), each one (1) week long, overnight sessions per year.
7. The maximum number of children per session shall be limited to forty five (45).
8. The maximum number of bus or van trips (round trips) to and from the camp, each session shall be six (6). Bus or van trips shall be the primary means of transportation for the children.
9. Outdoor amplified sounds or bull horns shall be prohibited.
10. Compliance with VDOT requirements for the entrance shall be verified prior to the issuance of a zoning compliance clearance for the commencement of the special use.
11. Compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding water supply shall be verified by the Health Department prior to issuance of a zoning compliance clearance and the commencement of the special use.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on March 14, 2007.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
View PC staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Amy R. Arnold