COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2007 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2007 Budget Amendment in the amount of $838,369.61 and request approval of amendment and Appropriations #2007030, #2007034, #2007035, #2007036, #2007037, #2007038, #2007039, #2007040, and #2007041 to provide funding for various local government, school, and capital projects and programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Davis, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
December 6, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
Goal 5: Develop a comprehensive funding strategy/plan to address the County’s growing needs.
The proposed increase of this FY 2007 Budget Amendment totals $838,369.61. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
Special Revenue Funds (Grants, Self-Sustaining) $ 622,044.00
School Fund $ 13,225.00
Education Program Funds (Grants) $ 92,446.72
ECC Capital Funds $ 110,653.89
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 838,369.61
Local Revenues (Fees, Contributions, Donations) $ 89,612.00
State Revenues $ 100,000.00
Federal Revenues $ 345,810.89
General Fund Balance $ 0.00
Other Fund Balances $ 302,946.72
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 838,369.61
The budget amendment is comprised of ten (10) separate appropriations, one (1) of which has already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved October 11, 2006
· One (1) appropriation (#2007026) totaling $100,000.00 for a grant awarded to the Commission on Children and Families to train and implement a family functional therapy program.
The nine (9) new appropriations are as follows:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2007030 and #2007037) for grants awarded to the Police Department totaling $95,990.00;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2007034 and #2007036) totaling $105,671.72 for Education donations and grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007035) totaling $227,500.00 to implement Phases 1, 2, and 3 of the County Wellness Program;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007038) distributing the merit pool adjustments from the budgeted Merit Pool contingency to departments;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007039) totaling $110,653.89 for the Nextel / 800 MHz Radio Interface project at the Emergency Communications Center;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007040) totaling $185,554.00 for a grant award to OAR/Thomas Jefferson Area Criminal Justice Board; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2007041) allocating contribution funds totaling $13,000.00 for Fire/Rescue’s Car Safety Seat Program and equipment and supplies for the Monticello Fire Station Volunteers.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2007 Budget Amendment in the amount of $838,369.61 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2007030, #2007034, #2007035, #2007036, #2007037, #2007038, #2007039, #2007040, and #2007041 to provide funds for various local government , school, ECC, and capital projects and programs as described in Attachment A.
A – Requested Appropriations
Return to regular agenda