1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
a. Dr. Susan L. McLeod.
b. Introduction – Dr. Lilian Peake, Health Director.
c. Tactical Team – Albemarle County Police Department.
d. Ron Slaughter, 51-Year Volunteer Firefighter.
7. 9:30 a.m. - Board to Board Presentation - School Board Chairman.
8. 9:45 a.m. - Pandemic Flu Update – Dr. Lilian Peake, Thomas Jefferson Health District.
9. 10:10 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Monthly Report for September 2006.
b. Matters not listed on the Agenda.
c. Downtown Scottsville Streetscape Plan Request.
10. 10:55 a.m. - Charlottesville Transit System (CTS) Transit Development Plan (TDP) – Presentation, Frank Spielberg.
11:10 a.m. – Recess.
11. 11:20 a.m. - Presentation: Creciendo Juntos, Peter Loach.
12. 11:40 p.m. - Presentation: Community Land Trust, Bill Edgerton.
13. 12:00 p.m. - Presentation: Industrial Development Authority, John Lowry.
14. 12:15 p.m. - Closed Session.
15. Certify Closed Session.
16. 1:30 p.m. - Boards and Commissions: Appointments.
17. 1:40 p.m. - Creation of Crozet Downtown Zoning District or Zoning Overlay District.
2:00 p.m. - Public Hearings:
18. FY 2006 Budget Amendments.
19. FY 2007 Budget Amendments.
20. SP-2006-009 Birchwood Place (Sign #10) - PROPOSED: One three-story office building totaling 19,500 square feet and a one-story bank of 3,090 square feet on 3.66 acres. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: C-1 Commercial - administrative, professional office and financial institution; EC Entrance Corridor overlay. SECTION: 22.2.2(10) Special Use Permit, which allows for drive-in windows serving or associated with permitted uses. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE: Crozet Community - CT-6, Urban Core and CT-1, Development Area Preserve. LOCATION: Tax Map Parcel 56A2-1-30, located on Three Notch'd Road (Rte. 240) approximately 0.17 miles east of its intersection with Crozet Avenue (Rte. 810). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Whitehall. CONCURRENT APPLICATION: SDP 2006-00029.
21. SP 2006-012 Colonial Baptist Church Mission Building (Sign #29): PROPOSED: New building (80' x 50'), mission ministry/storage; additional driveway/parking/planting. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: Section 10.2.2.35, Special Use Permit, church building. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/ acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 4218 Richmond Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 94/46. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
22. SP-2006-013. Little Keswick School Dorm Amendment (Signs #23,24): PROPOSED: Construct building for dorm; use existing dorm for offices. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0 .5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2(5) Private School. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 500 Little Keswick Lane; Rt. 731 1/20th of a mile south of Rt. 22. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TM 80 Parcels 110A, 110A2, 112, 117A, 118, 119. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
23. SP-2006-014. SOCA Club Offices at South Fork Soccer Park (Sign #27): PROPOSED: Amendment to SP 1998-018, which permitted creation of a club facility for soccer fields, to add temporary office facilities. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre); FH -- Flood Hazard - Overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. SECTION: 10.2.2.2: Clubs, lodges, civic, patriotic, fraternal. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/ acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: Polo Grounds Road, approximately 1.1 miles east of US 29. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 46-26C1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
24. SOCA Club Offices, request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Area Limited
Service designation to provide sewer service to new structure on TAX MAP 46, PARCEL 26C1, located within the SOCA sports facility on Polo Grounds Road. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
25. SP-2006-015. Monticello Memorial Gardens (Signs #33,38): PROPOSED: Expansion of existing, operating cemetery: additional road network; demolish four existing cottages. ZONING CATEGORY/ GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 18.104.22.168; 10.2.2 (32); Entrance Corridor Overlay District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/ acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Jefferson Lake Drive off Thomas Jefferson Memorial Parkway (Route 53). TAX MAP/PARCEL: TM 77, Parcels 37, 34, 38C, 37A, 36, 36A, 36B, 35, 32A, 32B and 33. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
26. Report on 800 MHz Radio System.
27. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
28. Adjourn to 2:30 p.m. Work Session on September 13, 2006, Room 235.
5.1 Approval of Minutes: January 11, February 1, March 1 and March 15, 2006.
5.2 Green Creek Road "Watch for Child Playing" Sign.
5.3 Route 606, Dickerson Road, Abandonment and Dedication.
5.4 Route 649, Airport Road, Abandonment and Dedication.
5.5 Resolution Concurring with and Approving the Issuance By the Economic Development Authority of Nelson County, Virginia, of its Revenue Bond in an Amount not to Exceed $7,700,000 Qualified Non-Profit Revenue Bond (Scottsville Road Holdings LLC Project) Series 2006.
5.6 Set Public Hearing on Ordinance to amend County Code Sec 10-107, Firearms - Discharging within residential districts, and Sec 10-109, Standing or walking with loaded rifle or shotgun.
5.7 Police Department Support Staff.
5.8 2006 Agriculture Disaster Resolution.
5.9 ZMA-2006-001. Westhall Phase V. Request to rezone 8.957 acres from R-1 Residential to PRD Planned Residential District. Tax Map 56H, Parcel A, located approximately 600 feet east of the end of Park Street (SR 1204) in the Community of Crozet. White Hall District. Applicant requests that this petition be deferred to September 13, 2006.
5.10 Resolution to accept roads in Redfields Subdivision, Phase 4A, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.11 Resolution to accept roads in Redfields Subdivision, Phase 4B, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.12 Commonwealth Attorney’s Office Position Request.
5.13 2007 Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission Legislative Preliminary Draft Program.
5.14 Letter Dated July 11, 2006, from the Auditor of Public Accounts addressed to The Honorable Shelby J. Marshall concerning audited cash receipts and disbursements of the Clerk of the Circuit Court for the period April 1, 2005, through March 31, 2006.
5.15 2006 Second Quarter Building Report from the Community Development Department.
5.16 Copy of letter dated August 17, 2006 from Joseph H. Maroon, Director, Department of Conservation and Recreation, to Patrick K. Mullaney, Director, Parks and Recreation, concerning tentative approval of Land and Water Conservation Fund grant in support of Mint Springs Fishing Accessibility Project at Mint Springs Valley Park.
5.17 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for July 11 and August 8, 2006.
5.18 Crozet Community Advisory Council Resolutions:
a. regarding adoption of Proffer Guidelines.
b. regarding retention of Crozet Downtown Consultant.
5.19 Copies of notices of Virginia Electric and Power Company (Dominion Virginia Power) filed with the State Corporation Commission (on file in Clerk's office):
a. petition for certain initial determinations with regard to Virginia Code Sec 56-585(G), Case No. PUE-2006-00075, and the July 13, 2006 Order for Notice and Hearing.
b. application to revise its market prices for generation and resulting wires charges for the period January 1, 207 until July 7, 2007, Case No. PUE-2001-00306.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|