COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2007 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2007 Budget Amendment in the amount of $2,152,656.22 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2007008, #2007009, #2007010, #2007011, #2007012, and #2007013 to provide funding for various local government and school programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: No
September 6, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2007 Budget Amendment totals $2,152,656.22. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 763,861.95
Special Revenue Funds $ 503,647.27
Education Program Funds $ 700,000.00
Capital Improvements Fund $ (30,000.00)
Motor Vehicle Replacement Fund $ 193,800.00
Emergency Communications Center $ 21,347.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 2,152,656.22
State Revenues $ 130,534.00
Federal Revenues $ 282,032.32
General Fund Balance $ 927,661.95
Other Fund Balances $ 812,427.95
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 2,152,656.22
The budget amendment is comprised of eleven (11) separate appropriations, five (5) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved August 2, 2006
· One (1) appropriation (#20070003) establishing the budget for two Maintenance Worker positions;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007004) providing $11,350.00 in additional funding for JAUNT;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007005) to provide $42,000.00 in funds for a storage facility lease;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007006) transferring $26,427.50 in funds from the Visitor’s Center contingency for paving work; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2007007) totaling $21,347.00 for the Emergency Communications Center.
The six (6) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2007008) allocating $130,534.00 in additional grant funding to OAR and Central Virginia Regional Jail;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007009) totaling $700,000.00 for school bus replacements;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007010) reappropriating $373,113.27 in funds for seven public safety grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007011) reappropriating $283,991.52 for outstanding FY 2006 purchase orders;
· One (1) appropriation (#2007012) transferring $193,800.00 from the General Fund to the Motor Vehicle Replacement Fund; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2007013) reappropriating $644,670.43 for uncompleted FY 2006 projects.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2007 Budget Amendment in the amount of $2,152,656.22 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2007008, #2007009, #2007010, #2007011, #2007012, and #2007013 to provide funds for various local government and school projects as described in Attachment A.
Return to regular agenda