COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
SP 2005-00029 Pro Distribution
A special use permit is requested for Subordinate Retail Sales exceeding 15 percent of the floor area of the main use on property zoned LI Light Industrial for tire sales.
Cilimberg, McCulley, Echols, Ragsdale
LEGAL REVIEW: NO
July 5, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
OWNERS/APPLICANTS: Mass Enterprises of Virginia, Inc. (Mr. William A. Masselli)
The Pro Distribution site is a 3.8 acre parcel, zoned Light Industrial (LI) and located on Three Notch’d Road in Crozet, just west of the entrance to Western Ridge and the Martha Jefferson medical building. There are currently four businesses operated from the property: trucking/distribution business which wholesales tires, retail tire sales, self storage, and most recently a home improvement contractor. The Zoning Ordinance allows limited retail sales by-right if the floor area of retail sales is less than 15 percent of the floor area of the main use by-right in the LI Zoning District. A special use permit is required to increase the floor area of retail sales beyond 15 percent of the floor area of the main use (whole sale tires). Pro Distribution would like to increase the area for retail sales of tires to 54 percent of the floor area devoted to the wholesale tire business or 35 percent of the total area devoted to the tire business.
Staff recommends approval of SP 2005-029 with the following conditions of approval as
1. Site plan approval of the proposed retail tire sales use is required.
2. Retail tire sales may not be expanded until the site is entirely in compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
3. Retail tire sales shall be limited to the building labeled as Office/Storage Building F as shown on the approved SDP #03-043 for that building.
4. The floor area devoted to tire sales within Building F shall not exceed 1654 square feet of floor area in that building
5. Hours of operation for the retail tire sales business shall be between 7:30a.m. and 6:00p.m.
6. There shall be no outdoor storage of tires or equipment associated with the wholesale or retail tire sales business
Go to May 23
Return to regular agenda