COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $728,041.96 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006085, #2006086, #2006087, #2006088, #2006089, and #2006090 to provide funding for various General Government, School, ECC, and Capital programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Davis, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
July 5, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $728,041.96. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
Special Revenue Funds $ 133,052.82
Education Fund $ 4,940.00
Education Programs $ 418,094.14
Capital Improvements Fund $ 10,091.00
Emergency Communications Center $ 161,864.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 728,041.96
Local Revenues $ 57,714.34
State Revenues $ 41,141.64
Federal Revenues $ 505,315.69
Other Fund Balance $ 123,870.29
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 728,041.96
The budget amendment is comprised of ten (10) separate appropriations, four (4) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved June 14, 2006
· One (1) appropriation (#2006081) totaling $99,077.39 for education donations and programs;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006082 and #2006084) totaling $33,753.84 for Police Department grants; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006083) appropriating $33,298.98 in funds for three drug seized asset accounts.
The six (6) new appropriations are as follows:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006085 and #2006090) totaling $334,047.75 for education donations and programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006086) in the amount of $116,364.00 for the Nextel/800 MHz radio interface at the Emergency Communications Center (ECC);
· One (1) appropriation (#2006087) totaling $66,000.00 for a Police Department grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006088) in the amount of $45,500.00 to purchase additional user licenses for ECC; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006089) to adjust the School Capital Improvements Program.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
After the public hearing, staff recommends that the Board approve the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $728,041.96 and approve Appropriations #2006085, #2006086, #2006087, #2006088, #2006089, and #2006090 to provide funds for various General Government, School, ECC and Capital Improvement programs as described in Attachment A.
Return to regular agenda