COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $645,294.20 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006071, #2006072, #2006074, #2006075, #2006076, #2006077, #2006078, #2006079, and #2006080 to provide funding for various General Government, School, ECC, and Capital programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
June 7, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $645,294.20. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 12,386.00
Special Revenue Funds $ 156,887.95
Education Fund $ 15,800.00
Capital Improvements Fund $ 455,486.00
Emergency Communications Center $ 4,734.25
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 645,294.20
Local Revenues $ 84,959.98
State Revenues $ 37,659.97
Federal Revenues $ 62,454.00
Other Fund Balance $ 460,220.25
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 645,294.20
The budget amendment is comprised of ten (10) separate appropriations, one (1) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved May 10, 2006
· One (1) appropriation (#2006073) allocating $180,000.00 in additional funding for the Key West Dam.
The nine (9) new appropriations are as follows:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006071 and #2006076) totaling $15,800.00 for education donations;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006072) in the amount of $31,500.00 providing funds to AHIP for three housing rehabilitation projects;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006074) transferring $47,510.00 from the Visitor’s Center Building Fund Contingency to fund building ventilation improvements;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006075 and #2006078) for a Fire/Rescue and Police Department grants totaling $125,387.95;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006077) in the amount of $12,386.00 allocating funds to the regional jail from the Alien Assistance Program;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006079) providing $455,486.00 in funding for building improvements at Stony Point Volunteer Fire Company; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006080) in the amount of $4,734.25 for the Emergency Communications Center.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $645,294.20 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006071, #2006072, #2006074, #2006075, #2006076, #2006077, #2006078, #2006079, and #2006080 to provide funds for various General Government, School, ECC and Capital Improvement programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to agenda