1. Call to Order.
2. FY 2007 - FY 2010 Strategic Plan.
3. FY 2007 Business Plan.
4. Development Review Processes and Public Input.
5. Closed Session.
6. Call to Order.
7. Certify Closed Session.
8. Pledge of Allegiance.
9. Moment of Silence.
10. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
11. Consent Agenda (on next page).
12. Public hearing to solicit input on local community development and housing needs in preparation to seek funding through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
13. SP-2005-025. Jarman’s Sportcycles (Sign #32). PROPOSAL: Outdoor display of vehicles in accord w/Sec 22.214.171.124(b) of the Zoning Ord which allows for outdoor sales, storage and/or display in the EC (Entrance Corridor Overlay) Zoning District. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: The property contains 2.219 acres zoned EC (Entrance Corridor) & HC (Highway Commercial). Tax Map 78, Parcel 33B. Loc on south side of Richmond Rd (US 250 East) approx .14 miles west of its intersection w/Sleepy Hollow Lane (private right-of-way). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
14. ZMA-2005-006. Logan, Clevester (Signs #10,11). PROPOSAL: Rezone .545 acres from R-2 (Residential) Zoning District to R-4 (Residential) Zoning District to allow property boundary line adjustments. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Tax Map 61, parcels 44A & 44A1 (portion of, 17,503 sq ft adjacent to Tax Map 61, parcel 44 including existing dwelling) located at 2530 Hydraulic Rd (Rt 743) at intersection of Hydraulic Rd and Turtle Creek Rd. It is zoned R-2 (Residential) and EC (Entrance Corridor) Overlay. The R-4 Zoning District allows for up to 6 dwelling units per acre. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
15. ZMA-2005-008. Pantops Park (Sign #14). PROPOSAL: Rezone 4.87 acres (Tax Map 78, Parcel 16) from HC (Highway Commercial) to NMD (Neighborhood Model District) to allow 42,000 sq ft bank & office building & two 22,500 sq ft mixed office & retail buildings with proffers. Highway Commercial zoning allows for commercial & service uses & residential use by special use permit (15 units/acre). Neighborhood Model District zoning is intended to provide for compact, mixed-use developments with urban scale, massing, density & infrastructure configuration that integrates diversified uses within close proximity to each other. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Regional Service & Community Service in Neighborhood Three. Regional Service designates areas for regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers & residential (6.01-34 units/acre). Community Service designates areas for community-scale retail wholesale, business & medical offices, mixed use core communities and/or employment services & residential (6.01-34 units/acre). LOCATION: Tax Map 78, Parcel 16. Located in EC Entrance Corridor Overlay District on south side of Rt 250. This property is the former Moore's Lumber site. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
16. SP-2005-015. Virginia National Bank at Pantops (Sign #57). PROPOSAL: drive-in window for bank in accord w/Sec 24.2.2 of the Zoning Ord which allows for drive-in windows serving or associated with permitted uses within HC (Highway Commercial) zoning. The request is in conjunction with request to rezone THE property from HC to NMD (Neighborhood Model District). ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Tax Map 78 Parcel 16 contains 4.87 acres & is zoned HC, Highway Commercial & EC, Entrance Corridor. Located at 1241 Richmond Rd (US Rt 250E), approx 200 ft from intersection of Richmond Rd & Stony Point Rd (US Rt 20N). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
17. ZMA-2005-013. Inn at Monticello (Sign #78,79). PROPOSAL: Rezone 4.6 acres from R-4 Residential (4 units per acre) to amend proffers to allow additional dwelling unit & possible expansion of existing inn. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential-residential (3-6 units/acre) & supporting uses such as religious institutions & other small-scale non-residential uses. LOCATION: Tax Map 77E1, Section 1, Parcel 1; 1188 Scottsville Rd (Rt. 20) & Willow Lake Dr (Rt 1135). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
18. ZMA-2003-008 Woodbrook Station (formerly Rio Hills) (Signs #65,66,67). PROPOSAL: Rezone 1.21 acres from PD-SC (Planned Development Shopping Center) shopping centers, retail sales & service uses; & residential by special use permit (15 units/acre) to NMD (Neighborhood Model District) residential (3 -34 units per acre), mixed with commercial service & industrial uses. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Regional Service–regional-scale retail wholesale, business and/or employment centers & residential (6.01-34 units/acre). LOCATION: Tax Map 45, Parcel 94A. Located on Berkmar Drive (Rt 1403) approx .75 miles from intersection of Berkmar Drive & Rio Rd. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
19. CPA-2005-001. Land Use Plan Transportation Update. PROPOSAL: Amend Transportation Section of the Comp Plan to include, but not limited to, references & updated information based on adopted regional transportation plans.
20. Discussion: TJPED.
21. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
11.1 Request to set a public hearing to consider the amendment of the Lease for the Old Crozet Elementary School building by the Charlottesville Waldorf School.
11.2 Resolution to accept road(s) in Porters Village Subdivision into the State Secondary System.
11.3 Copy of Virginia Lottery Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2005 (on file in Clerk’s office).
11.4 Copy of Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors minutes for November 17 and November 22, 2005.
11.5 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for September 20, September 27, October 25, and December 6, 2005.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|