September 22, 2005
Hope Builders International
7444 Plank Road
Afton, VA 22920
RE: SP 2005-016 Hope Builders International Amendment (Signs #30, 68)
Tax Map 70 Parcel 22
Dear Mr. Thollander:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on September 13, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1) Health Department approval of well(s) and septic system(s) for all proposed church, conference, residential, and office uses;
2) Fire and Rescue Department approval of the structure for all proposed church, conference, residential, and office uses;
3) Building official approval of the structure for all proposed church, conference, residential, and office uses;
4) Virginia Department of Transportation approval of entrance and exit;
5) The applicants shall present evidence of the approvals required in conditions 1 through 4 and obtain a zoning clearance for the use within 6 months of the approval of this permit.
6) Seating capacity in any area of assembly shall not exceed 100 persons;
7) Conferences or retreats, each limited in duration to no more than three days, may occur up to twelve times per calendar year. Attendance shall not exceed 100 persons;
8) Once per calendar year, a missionary training program may be held on the site, for a single continuous time period not to exceed 8 weeks. A maximum of 30 people may be enrolled in the training program.
9) No more than 30 persons attending conferences, retreats, or missionary training shall reside on the property at any one time. All attendees shall be housed in the Oak Leigh house.
10) No outdoor amplified sound systems shall be used on the property.
11) Outdoor group activities (meetings, services, recreational activities, and other similar events and activities) shall not occur between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.,
12) The footprint of the existing Oak Leigh house shall not be expanded, and no other structures shall be used or constructed for this use, without amendment of this permit.
13) This parcel shall not be subdivided or reduced in size.
View executive summary
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 5, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.