1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
Landon Gregory Hatfield for efforts related to Raintree
b. Students Make A Difference Day Proclamation.
c. Introduction of George Shadman, General Services Director.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:30 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Monthly Report for October, 2005.
c. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
8. 10:00 a.m. - Update on Places29, Lee Catlin.
10:10 a.m. – Recess.
9. 10:20 a.m. - JAUNT Annual Report – Donna Shaunesey (on file in Clerk's office).
10. 10:30 a.m. - Colonel John Chiu, Commander, National Ground Intelligence Center.
11. 10:50 a.m. - Update on Retirees Health Insurance (continued from September 7, 2005).
12. 11:05 a.m. – Proposed Annual Fire Inspections Program.
13. 11:15 a.m. - Albemarle County Efficiency Report.
14. 11:30 a.m. - Update on Auditorium Renovations.
a. Recess and Reconvene in Auditorium.
15. Closed Session: Personnel and Legal Matters.
16. Certify Closed Session.
17. Boards and Commissions: Appointments.
18. 2:00 p.m. – FY 2005 End-of-Year Preliminary Financial Report.
19. FY 2005 Budget Amendment.
20. FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
21. Designation of Plank Road (Route 692) between Route 29 and Route 692 as a Virginia Scenic Byway.
22. To consider an ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, by adding Article XVII, Certified Solar Energy Equipment, Facilities or Devices and Certified Recycling Equipment, Facilities or Devices. The amendment would establish in Albemarle County a real estate and property tax exemption for certified solar and recycling equipment, facilities and devices pursuant to Virginia Code Section 58.1-3661.
23. SP-2005-016. Hope Builders International (Signs #30&68). Request for amendment of SUP for church & priv school, to remove condition prohibiting transfer of permitted use to new operator & to make possible expansion of office space w/in the use, in accord w/Sec 10.2.2(5) & 10.2.2(35) of the Zoning Ord, which allows priv schools & churches respectively. TM 70 P 22, contains 13.473 acs. Znd RA. Loc at 7444 Plank Rd (Rt 692), 0.65 miles E of its intersec w/ Ortman Rd (Rt 691). White Hall Dist.
24. SP-2005-017. Chick-fil-A - Route 29 (Signs #60&66). Request to allow drive-in window serving fast food restaurant in accord w/Sec 22.214.171.124 of the Zoning Ord, which allows drive-in windows serving or associated w/permitted uses. TM 45 P 93A, contains 21.733 acs. Znd HC & EC. Loc in front of Lowes Home Improvement Store on N side of Woodbrook Dr (Rt 1417) & at intersec w/ Seminole Trail (Rt 29N). Rio Dist.
25. ZMA-2004-007. Belvedere (Signs #62,76&84). Request to rezone approx 206.682 acs from R-4 to NMD to allow up to 775 du, w/overall density of 3.74 du/ac, ranging from density of 1.6 du/ac in some areas to 9.4 du in others. TM 61 Ps 154, 157, 158, 160 (portion) & 161, TM 62 Ps 2A (portion) 2B (portion), 2C, 3, 5 & 6A, & TM 62A3 Pl 1. Loc on E side of Rio Rd (Rt 631) immediately E of Southern Railroad. (The Comp Plan designates this property as Neighborhood Density in northern portion of property (3-6 du/ac), Urban Density in middle & southern portions (6-34 du/ac) & Community Service adjac to railroad, in Neighborhood 2. Rio Dist. (continued from September 7, 2005).
26. SP-2004-052. Kenridge (Sign #40). Request to allow development of multifamily complex in accord w/Sec 126.96.36.199 of the Zoning Ord which allows for R-15, use in CO district. TM 60, Ps 27 & 27B, contains 16.5 acs. Loc on N side of (Rt 250 W) Ivy Rd approx 1/2 mile W of intersec of Ivy Rd & Rt 29/250 By-pass. [The Comp Plan designates these lands as Office Service, in Neighborhood 7. General usage for Office Service is mixed office & residential uses, & is recommended for 6.01-20 du/ac, w/possible densities of up to 34 du/ac under planned development approach. General usage of the proposed amendment (SUP public hearing on a request) is residential. The existing carriage & manor houses have the option of being used for residential and/or office use. The density of the proposed amendment is 4 du/ac.] This property is also located in EC. Samuel Miller Dist. (deferred from September 14, 2005)
27. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: September 8A, and October 6, 2004; April 6, April 18A, May 4, June 1 and June 8, 2005.
6.2 Solomon Road (Route 1430) Watch for Child Playing Sign.
6.3 Authorize staff to proceed with Eastern Connector Alignment Study.
accept roads in Parkside Village Subdivision, Phases 1 & 2, into the State
System of Highways.
6.5 Adopt resolution authorizing County Executive to set Mileage Reimbursement Rate.
6.6 Forest Lakes Traffic Calming Resolution – request to install speed bumps on Powell Creek Drive.
6.7 FY 2006/07 Operating Budget and FY 2006/2010-2011/2015 CIP Events Calendar.
6.8 2006 Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission Legislative Preliminary Draft Program.
6.9 Copy of Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors minutes for July 21, 2005.
6.10 Copy of assessments made for the year 2005 by the State Corporation Commission of Virginia of the real and personal property of electric light and power corporations (including electric suppliers), gas and pipeline distribution corporations, telecommunications companies and water corporations, as of the beginning of the first day of January 2005 (on file in Clerk's office).
6.11 Copy of letter dated September 21, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Edward D. Campbell, III, Roudabush, Gale and Associates, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 65, Parcels 11A1 and 12B (property of Keswick Acquisitions, LLC) - Section 10.3.1.
6.12 Copy of letter dated September 19, 2005 from Gerald Connolly, VACo President, regarding proposed real estate tax relief plans by candidates for Virginia Governor.
6.13 Motor Vehicle Decal Program.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|