1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
a. Digital County Survey.
b. Family Support.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:20 a.m. - Board to Board Presentation, School Board Chairman.
8. 9:30 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Route 250 West Task Force Request.
b. Albemarle County’s Priorities for Primary Road System Improvements.
c. Other Transportation Matters.
10:40 a.m. – Recess.
9. 10:50 a.m. - Center for Survey Research’s “Priority Analysis” of Albemarle County’s 2004 Citizen Survey Report, Tom Guterbock.
10. 11:05 a.m. – Volunteer Fire Rescue Building Maintenance Funding.
11. 11:25 a.m. – Update on Retiree Health Insurance.
12. Closed Session.
13. Certify Closed Session.
14. Boards and Commissions: Appointments.
2:00 p.m. - Public hearings:
15. FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
16. Proposed lease agreement between Silvercrest Asset Management Group, LLC, the County of Albemarle, and the City of Charlottesville for property located at 614 East High Street, commonly known as the Jessup Building. This property is jointly owned by the City and the County. The proposed lease would replace the current lease agreement between the same parties that would terminate on August 31, 2006, with a new lease agreement that would terminate on July 31, 2010.
17. SP-2005-013. Hollymead Swim Club (Sign #67). Request for swim, golf, tennis or similar fac, to allow membership to swimming pool from outside of Hollymead Planned Unit Development in accord w/Secs 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 & 5.1.16 of the Zoning Ord which allow for swim, golf, tennis & similar facs. TM 46B2, Sec 2, P A contains 17 acs. Znd Hollymead PUD. Loc at 2000 Hollymead Dr in Hollymead development. Rivanna Dist.
18. SP-2004-032. St. Nicholas Orthodox Church (Sign #34). Request for church use to be established on a 4.45 acs in accord w/Sec 188.8.131.52.35 of the Zoning Ord. TM 70, P 12A. Znd RA & EC. Loc on St Rt 250 (7581 Rockfish Gap Turnpike), approx .5 mls W of intersec of St Rt 691 (Greenwood Rd) & Rt 250. White Hall Dist.
19. SP-2004-053. Wildon Grove Baptist Church (Sign #33). - Request for church to allow bld addition, in accord w/Sec 184.108.40.206 of the Zoning Ord which allows for church uses in the RA. TM 36, P 22, contains approx 1 ac. Znd RA. Loc at 6820 Wildon Grove Rd (Rt 645), which is approx 1.5 mls SW of intersec of Rt 645 (Magnolia Rd) & Rt 608 (Happy Creek Rd), approx 2 mls S of the Albemarle/Orange County line. Rivanna Dist.
20. SP-2004-055. Walgreens (Signs #52,63,96) Request to operate two-lane, drive-thru fac associated w/pharmacy on approx 1.78 acs, in accord w/Sec 220.127.116.11 of the Zoning Ord. TM 32, P 37C. Znd HC & EC. Loc at SE corner of intersec of Rt 29 (Seminole Trail) & Rt 649 (Proffit Rd). Rivanna Dist.
3:00 p.m. - Work Sessions:
21. Human Services.
22. Transportation Strategy.
23. 5:15 p.m. – Ivy Landfill – Cell 3 Evaluation.
5:30 p.m. – Public hearing:
24. ZMA-2004-007. Belvedere (Signs #62,76&84). Request to rezone approx 206.682 acs from R-4 to NMD to allow up to 775 du, w/overall density of 3.74 du/ac, ranging from density of 1.6 du/ac in some areas to 9.4 du in others. TM 61 Ps 154, 157, 158, 160 (portion) & 161, TM 62 Ps 2A (portion) 2B (portion), 2C, 3, 5 & 6A, & TM 62A3 Pl 1. Loc on E side of Rio Rd (Rt 631) immediately E of Southern Railroad. (The Comp Plan designates this property as Neighborhood Density in northern portion of property (3-6 du/ac), Urban Density in middle & southern portions (6-34 du/ac) & Community Service adjac to railroad, in Neighborhood 2. Rio Dist. (continued from August 10, 2005).
25. Discussion: Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund.
26. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. Adjourn to September 9, 2005, 9:00 a.m., Zehmer Hall, Board Annual Strategic Retreat.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: September 1 and October 6, 2004; and April 6, April 18A and April 21, 2005.
6.2 Adopt Resolution requesting VDOT to designate Route 640 (Gilbert Station Road) from Route 784 to Route 1094 (Ashleigh Way) as Rural Rustic Road.
6.3 Revision to Personnel Policies – P-83 “Military Leave”.
6.4 Resolution to Establish Policy for consideration of requests for Tax Exempt Status by Designation.
6.5 Requested 2005 Appropriations.
6.6 National Incident Management System (NIMS) Resolution.
6.7 Resolution to accept road(s) in Fontana Subdivision, Phase 1 and 2 into the Secondary System of State Highways.
6.8 Resolution to accept Gold Mine Lane (State Route 1808) in The Quarries Subdivision as a Rural Addition into the Secondary System of State Highways.
6.9 Comprehensive Plan Five Year Work Plan.
6.10 Copy of letter dated August 17, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Peter Thomas, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 41, Parcel 50 (property of C. W. McNeely, III) - Section 10.3.1.
6.11 Copy of letter dated August 17, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 20, Parcel 34 (property of Clara Lindsay Estate and Katherine V. Banks c/o Tyrone Lindsay) - Section 10.3.1.
6.12 Copy of letter dated August 17, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 98, Parcels 12, 13 & 14 (property of Norwood H. Davis and Nicol Spain Butters Davis) - Section 10.3.1.
6.13 Copy of letter dated August 18, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Richard E. Carter, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 105, Parcel 48 (property of Buck Island LLC) - Section 10.3.1.
6.14 VDOT Monthly Report for September, 2005.
6.15 2005 Second Quarter Building Report as prepared by the Community Development Department.
6.16 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for July 12 and July 19, 2005.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|