COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $3,963,066.31 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006011, #2006013, #2006014, #2006015, #2006016, and #2006017 to provide funding for various General Government, Education, and Capital Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
September 7, 2005
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $3,963,066.31. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 3,800.00
General Government Programs $ 756,802.32
Education Programs/Grants $ 13,792.99
Capital Projects $ 3,188,671.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 3,963,066.31
Local Revenues $ 163,800.00
State Revenues $ 188,072.67
Federal Revenues $ 607,541.26
General Fund Balance $ 1,004,881.97
Other Fund Balance $ 1,998,770.41
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 3,963,066.31
The budget amendment is comprised of twelve (12) separate appropriations, six (6) of which have already been approved by the Board, as indicated below:
Approved August 10, 2005:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006005) in the amount of $68,249.60 for the Child and Family Services Review;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006006) in the amount of $34,247.00 for a DCJS grant for Comprehensive Community Corrections Act and Amendment and eliminates a PAPIS grant in the amount of $52,733.00;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006007) in the amount of $22,007.00 for a new DCJS grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006008) transfers $53,372.00 from the contingency account for the CTS contract and transit study;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006009) in the amount of $182,366.00 for additional radio units and accessories for the 800 MHz Radio System; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006010) in the amount of $160,000.00 in funding for a 29N Corridor Transportation Study.
The six (6) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006011) in the amount of $2,760,872.00 for the additional funding required for the BPKSE computer system replacement project;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006013) in the amount of $13,792.99 in grant funds for physical education programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006014) in the amount of $685,031.72 for public safety grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006015) in the amount of $61,379.00 for the Sheriff Deputy and part-time Sheriff Office Assistant positions previously approved;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006016) in the amount of $85,433.00 for grant funds awarded to the ACE program from the Virginia Land Conservation Foundation; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006017) in the amount of $3,800.00 to the Commonwealth’s Attorney for a UVA law student intern.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $3,963,066.31,after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006011, #2006013, #2006014, #2006015, #2006016, and #2006017 to provide funds for various General Government, Education, and Capital programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda