COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Requested FY 2006 Appropriations
Request approval of Appropriations #2006005, #2006006, #2006007, #2006008, #2006009, and #2006010 providing funds for various local government and capital projects
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
August 10, 2005
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Funds, E911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
The total of this requested additional FY 2006 appropriation is $467,506.60. It is anticipated that a budget amendment will be proposed in September 2005 and these appropriations would be incorporated into it.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities and infrastructure.
This request involves the approval of six (6) new FY 2006 appropriations as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006005) provides $68,249.60 for the Child and Family Services Review;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006006) provides $34,247.00 for a DCJS grant for Comprehensive Community Corrections Act and Amendment and eliminates a PAPIS grant in the amount of $52,733.00;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006007) provides $22,007.00 for a new DCJS grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006008) transfers $53,372.00 from the contingency account for the CTS contract and transit study;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006009) provides $182,366.00 for additional radio units and accessories for the 800 MHz Radio System;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006010) provides $160,000.00 in funding for a 29N Corridor Transportation Study.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Appropriations #2006005, #2006006, #2006007,#2006008, #2006009, and #2006010 to provide funds for the various General Government and capital programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to consent agenda
Return to regular agenda