1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. ZTA-1999-006. Special Events. Public hearing on an Ordinance to amend Sec 3.1, Definitions; amend Sec 4.12.6, Minimum number of required parking spaces for scheduled uses; amend Sec 10.2.2, By special use permit; add Sec 5.1.43, Special events; of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec 3.1, Definitions, to add a definition of “special events,” which would be one- to three-day events such as meetings, conferences, banquets, weddings, dinners and private parties; amend Sec 4.12.6, Minimum number of required parking spaces for scheduled uses, to provide the minimum number of parking spaces required for special events; amend Sec 10.2.2, By special use permit, to allow special events in the Rural Areas zoning district by special use permit; and add Sec 5.1.43, Special events, to establish supplementary regulations pertaining to the prerequisites for and the operation of special events, including a regulation that attendance at special events would be by invitation or reservation only and not 150 persons.
7. ZMA-2005-009. Briarwood (Signs #89,92&94) Public hearing on a request to rezone approx 124 acs from PRD to Residential (PRD) w/proffers to modify the application plan for the Briarwood PRD to change bldg separation requirements & to establish yards & setbacks. The lands proposed for rezoning are at the intersec of Seminole Trail & Austin Dr (Rt 1575). TM 32G, P1, TM 32G Sec 3 P A & TM 32G Sec 3 P 83. (The Comp Plan designates these lands as Neighborhood Density providing for general usage as residential & recommended for 3-6 du/ac. The Zoning Ord provides that the general usage w/in the PDR zoning district permits a variety of residential uses, together with certain uses ancillary thereto that are compatible with & to not detract from one another or from surrounding districts.) Rivanna Dist.
8. Update: Subdivision Ordinance - Overlot Grading.
9. Discussion: FY 2006 Charlottesville Transit Service (CTS) Funding.
10. Appointment: Commission on Children and Families.
11. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5.1 Approval of Minutes: August 4, and August 11, 2004; and February 2, March 9, and March 23A, 2005.
5.2 Record Retention/Destruction of Records: Authorization to dispose of Tax Records.
5.3 2005 First Quarter Building Report as prepared by the Department of Community Development.
5.4 Copy of Albemarle County Service Authority’s Fiscal Year 2006 Budget (on file in the Clerk's office).
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|