1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
a. Recognition of EMS Personnel.
b. Introduction of Susan Stimart, Business Development Facilitator.
c. Proclamation recognizing August 2 through August 7, 2005 as Albemarle County Fair Week.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:25 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Rural Addition Policy – Eligibility to Participate.
b. Other Transportation Matters.
8. 9:50 a.m. - Discussion: Temporary Signs.
9. 10:00 a.m. - Annual Real Estate Reassessment Update.
10:30 a.m. - Recess
10. 10:45 a.m. - Public Hearings:
a. Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment.
b. Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
11. 11:00 a.m. - Formation of Natural Heritage Committee (deferred from May 4, 2005).
12. 11:20 a.m. - Rural Area Comprehensive Plan Implementation.
13. 11:45 a.m. – 2006 Legislative Priorities.
14. 12:00 Noon - Closed Session.
15. Certify Closed Session.
16. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
17. To consider the adoption of an ordinance to amend Chapter 10, Offenses--Miscellaneous, of the Albemarle County Code to prohibit any person standing on any public roadway or center median from distributing material, soliciting contributions, or selling merchandise to the occupants of motor vehicles on public roadways.
18. SP-2005-007. The Garden Barn (Signs #28&29). Request to allow farm sales in accord w/Sec 10.2.2(45) of the Zoning Ord which allows for farm sales. TM 21, P 5B1, contains 30.754 acs (of which 3 acs are included in this request). Znd RA. Loc at 5625 Spring Hill Rd (Rt 606), approx 1,500 feet W of its intersect w/Seminole Trail (Rt 29). White Hall Dist.
19. SP-2005-009. Cedar Hill Mobile Home Park Re-approval of Special Use Permit to Expand Existing Mobile Home Park (Sign #32). Request for re-approval of an expansion of an existing Mobile Home Park from 77 lots to 109 lots (SP-03-06) in accord w/Sec 18.104.22.168 of the Zoning Ord which allows for mobile home subdivisions. TM 32, P 22I, contains 25.95 acs. 21.13 acs of the property are znd R-4 & the remaining 4.82 acs are znd LI. Property also znd EC. Loc at 2073 Cypress Dr, approx one quarter mile S of intersec of Rt 29 & N Park Rd. Rio Dist.
20. Additions to the Moorman’s River Agricultural/Forestal District. Ordinance to amend Sec 3-222, Moorman’s River Agricultural & Forestal District, of Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance would add TMPs 29-15C, 29-85 & 41-15A to the district. White Hall Dist.
21. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6.1 Approval of Minutes:
6.2 Advisory guidelines to VDOT for review of property owner initiated and funded improvements to public roads.
6.3 Authorize County Executive to sign Natural Heritage Data License.
6.4 Authorize County Executive to sign Crozet Streetscape Enhancement Project Agreement.
6.5 Resolution of Intent – Contractor’s Office and Equipment Storage Yard change from by-right use in LI zoning district to use by special use permit.
6.6 Resolution to accept road(s) in Hollymead Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.7 Resolution to accept road(s) in Boston Creek Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.8 FY 2005/06 Budget Issues - Sheriff’s Staffing.
6.9 Revisions to Petty Cash Resolution.
6.10 Revisions to Personnel Policy P-02.
6.11 Alberene Road (Route 719) Child At Play Sign Request.
6.12 Notice of Virginia Land Conservation Foundation Grant Award to the Acquisition of Conservation Easements (ACE) Program.
6.13 Copy of Resolution adopted by the Rockingham County Board of Supervisors, re: Local Real Property Taxing Authority.
6.14 Report on Homeland Security Grants.
6.15 Copy of letter dated June 3, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, Roger W. Ray and Assoc., Inc., re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 16, Parcels 7, 10, 10A1, 10A3 & 11 and Tax Map 28, Parcels 23D & 23H (property of Chapel Spring Farms Holdings, LLC) - Section 10.3.1.
6.16 VDOT Monthly Report for July, 2005.
6.17 Copy of memorandum dated June 27, 2005 from Thomas L. Frederick, Executive Director, Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority, to the Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority Board of Directors, re: Community Water Supply Plan and Gannett Fleming Contract.
6.18 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for June 14 and June 21, 2005.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|