March 31, 2005
3664 Presidents Road
Scottsville, VA 24590
RE: SP 2004-002 Charlottesville Kingdom Hall: Tax Map 76 Parcel 51 and 52A3
Dear Mr. Johnston:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 15, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The development of the site shall be in general accord with the concept plan entitled Proposed Addition Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses Charlottesville, Virginia prepared by Hardee Johnston, A.I.A., A.S.L.A. and dated December 28, 2004.
2. The area of assembly shall be limited to a maximum of two auditoriums with 175-seats in each.
3. Sidewalks are to be graded along Old Lynchburg Road (5th Street), but not paved, in the locations shown on the concept plan. (Prior to the Board of Supervisors meeting this condition will be modified to assure that the public right-of-way necessary to accommodate the grading for the sidewalk be dedicated upon demand of the County.)
4. The building shall not have more than one apartment.
5. There shall be no day care center or private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to executive summary
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on Wednesday, May 4, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5823.