March 16, 2005
1574 Brown's Gap Tpke
Charlottesville, VA 22901
RE: SP 2004-059 Toad Hollow Farm Horse Show (Signs #30): Tax Map 41, Parcel 15A
Dear Ms. Sutherland:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 1, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The horse show use shall be conducted in general accord with the concept plan, titled “Toad Hollow Farm” and labeled as “Attachment B”.
2. There shall be no outdoor amplified sound system for events.
3. There shall be no overnight camping.
4. All exterior light fixtures shall be full cutoff luminaries and fully shielded and arranged or directed to reflect light away from adjoining properties and away from adjacent roads.
5. Prior to the issuance of a Zoning Clearance for the horse show use, the applicant shall provide sight distance at Cannon Brook Way and Route 680 (Browns Gap Turnpike) to the satisfaction of the Virginia Department of Transportation.
6. Subject to the approval of the county engineer, prior to the issuance of a Zoning Clearance for the horse show use and to provide safe and convenient access to the site, the applicant shall provide a minimum of two gravel pull-offs along Cannon Brook Way to allow two vehicles to pass safely. The applicant shall also provide two DO NOT ENTER signs and one ONE WAY sign placed at locations specified by the county engineer along Cannon Brook Way.
7. The number of horse show events shall be limited to 6 per year. The maximum number of participants and attendees at any single event shall be 80.
8. The number of events, other than horse show events, shall be limited to 3 per year and the maximum number of participants and attendees at any single event shall be limited to 40. These events shall not utilize the pastures for parking.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on April 6, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.