September 8, 2004
428 Cranberry Lane
Crozet, Va 22932
RE: SP-03-53 Unity Church of Charlottesville Amendment (Sign #48); Tax Map 61 Parcels 4 and 4B
Dear Mr. Gavel:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on August 24, 2004 unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The church sanctuary shall not exceed 250 seats;
2. Construction of the two hundred fifty (250)-seat sanctuary shall commence within thirty (30) months of the approval of this permit or it shall be deemed abandoned and the authority granted by this permit shall thereupon terminate;
3. The site shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan titled “Unity Church”, revision 4 (“6/28/04 Comments”), prepared by Muncaster Engineering. Adjustments to the number of parking spaces approved by the Zoning Administrator, and a rearrangement of the parking spaces to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board, shall be deemed to be in general accord with the conceptual plan. Any expansion of, or addition to, the uses, activities or structures must be determined by the Zoning Administrator to be in general accord with the conceptual plan, the staff report, and the Architectural Review Board action of August 2, 2004.
4. The applicants shall relocate the 22-space parking lot shown north of the driveway nearer to the traffic circle.
5. The applicants shall provide plantings to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board;
6. Location of water meters and water lines on the site shall be adjusted to the satisfaction of the Albemarle County Service Authority;
7. The property may not be further divided;
8. There shall be no more than one (1) residential dwelling on this property.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 13, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.