September 23, 2004
621 Montei Drive
Earlysville, VA 22936
RE: SP-2004-00026 Mission Link Project / Calvary Baptist Church Amendment (Sign #9); Tax Map 77, Parcel 43
Dear Ms. Newsom:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on September 21, 2004, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The church’s improvements and the scale and location of the improvements shall be developed in general accord with the submitted preliminary site plan entitled, “Site Plan Calvary Baptist Church” received May 26, 2004 and initialed WDF 9/8/04;
2. The total square footage of the building including the proposed expansion shall not exceed thirteen thousand, one hundred (13,100) square feet;
3. Yards and setbacks for structures shall be in accord with the R-1 setbacks, as specified in Section 13.3 in the Zoning Ordinance, to be in effect on March 20, 2002. Parking areas shall be setback at least ten (10) feet from all property lines, except the southern portion of the property that abuts the Southside Shopping Center;
4. There shall be no day care center of private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit, or amendment to this permit;
5. VDOT approval of the proposed entrance aligning with the Southern Parkway must be granted prior to final site plan approval; and
6. A tree conservation plan for the rear forested area of critical slopes in accordance with Section 220.127.116.11(b) shall be submitted with the final site plan. It may only be disturbed under the conditions of connecting to the available public sewer in the rear of the property. Following such activity, the slopes shall be reconstructed and replanted as deemed necessary to comply with Engineering requirements and the approved final site plan. The tree conservation plan shall be subject to review and approval by the Planning Director.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 13, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
William D. Fritz, AICP
Chief of Current Development