August 31, 2004
200 6th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP-2004-00023 Grace Community Church (Sign #41); Tax Map 21, Parcel 11
Dear Mr. Keller:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on August 24, 2004, by a vote of 7:0, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The church’s improvements and the scale and location of the improvements, with the exception of storm water management facilities and the front setback (The required front setback shall be 75 feet from the edge of the right-of-way after the 25 foot dedication referenced in Condition number 11.), shall be developed in general accord with the concept plan entitled, “Special Use Plan for Grace Community Church,” prepared by Terra Partners, LLC, and dated May 17, 2004, last revised July 27, 2004.
2. If the lawful physical construction of any structure necessary for the use authorized by this permit is not commenced within 5 years after the permit is issued, the permit shall be deemed abandoned and the authority granted hereunder shall terminate.
3. The church's sanctuary shall not exceed 500 seats.
4. All exterior light fixtures shall be full cutoff luminaire and fully shielded and arranged or directed to reflect light away from adjoining properties and away from adjacent roads.
5. Commercial setback standards, as set forth in Section 21.7.2 of the Albemarle Zoning Ordinance, shall be maintained along the side and rear property lines.
6. Day care or school uses are prohibited unless approved through a special use permit amendment.
7. Subject to the approval of the Virginia Department of Transportation, prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, the applicant shall surface State Route 606 (Dickerson Road) from just beyond the church entrance southward to the end of the existing asphalt surface.
8. If phasing of site development is proposed, each phase shall include only the parking and infrastructure necessary to support the improvements of that phase.
9. As part of the site plan application, a tree conservation plan shall be submitted and approved to the specifications of Section 18.104.22.168(b) of the Zoning Ordinance.
10. The applicant shall dedicate 25-foot dedication of right-of-way along the State Route 606 property frontage. Any plats and/or deeds necessary for this dedication shall be provided by the applicant prior to site plan approval.
11. An additional 25% of landscaping materials, above the minimum landscaping materials required by Section 22.214.171.124, shall be installed within the parking area, to offset removal of trees and plant material from the site for construction. The additional landscaping shall consist of a mixture of evergreen and deciduous plant materials.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 13, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.