COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment in the amount of $31,595,990.45 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2005010, #2005011, #2005012, #2005013, #2005014, #2005015, #2005016, #2005017, #2005018, #2005019, #2005020, #2005021 and #2005022 to provide funding for various General Government, School, and Capital Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: No
October 6, 2004
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2005 Budget Amendment totals $31,595,990.45. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 947,582.90
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 991,721.53
Education Fund $ 8,368.00
Education Programs/Grants $ 535,148.45
Capital Improvement Program $ 29,113,169.57
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 31,595,990.45
Local Revenues $ 218,103.50
State Revenues $ 228,820.00
Federal Revenues $ 975,225.18
General Fund Balance $ 892,980.40
Other Fund Balance $ 29,266,739.37
Transfers $ 14,122.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 31,595,990.45
The budget amendment is comprised of seventeen (17) separate appropriations, four (4) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved August 4, 2004:
· One (1) appropriation (#2005006) provides for the transfer of $164,322.93 in Fund Balance from the Fire Loan Fund to the General CIP Fund Balance;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005007) allocating $19,340.70 in additional State Fire Program Funds for equipment purchases in the Fire Rescue Department;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005008) in the amount of $50,000.00 providing funding to bring Sunridge Road up to State standards; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2005009) in the amount of $175,000.00 providing funding for three firefighters/ALS.
The thirteen (13) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2005010) in the amount of $124,231.00 for the UVA share of 800Mhz Radio debt;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005011) in the amount of $15,000.00 for funds requested by AHIP to complete the financing for a replacement home in the Red Hill area;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005012) in the amount of $45,684.79 for a child care quality outreach worker to provide training and support to selected LDSS customers;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2005013 and #2005021) in the amount of $533,641.45 for various education programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005014) in the amount of $93,824.48 for the reappropriation of FY 2004 outstanding purchase orders;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005015) in the amount of $867,025.07 for the reappropriation of grant funds;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005016) in the amount of $29,063,044.57 for the reappropriation of capital projects;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005017) in the amount of $43,617.00 for public safety grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005018) in the amount of $132,161.97 for requested use of carryover funds for new initiatives;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005019) in the amount of $403,024.75 for the reappropriation of uncompleted FY 2004 projects;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005020) in the amount of $10,000.00 for funding for the “Families in Crisis” project; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2005022) in the amount of $20,394.67 for Emergency Communication Center reappropriation of unexpended grant balances.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2005 Budget Amendment in the amount of $31,595,990.45, after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2005010, #2005011, #2005012, #2005013, #2005014, #2005015, #2005016, #2005017, #2005018, #2005019, #2005020, #2005021 and #2005022 to provide funds for various General Government, School, and Capital programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda