June 24, 2004
Brown Auto Group
1357 Richmond Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911
RE: SP-2004-010 Kimco L.C. (Brown, Flow, Crown) Stand-Alone Parking (Sign #83)
Tax Map 78 Parcel 16
Dear Mr. Beverly:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on June 22, 2004, by a vote of 7:0, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. A site plan amendment shall be submitted for approval, which shall be in general accord with the concept plan on Tax Map 78 Parcel 16, dated 3/19/04
2. At least one sign shall be posted in the parking area that identifies the use as parking for Brown Automotive, Flow Companies of Charlottesville, and Crown Motor Company only, with size and location of the sign to be determined and approved by staff.
3. No customers of the three (3) dealerships noted above shall be permitted onsite.
4. The use shall be valid for a period not to exceed one (1) year from the approval of the site plan amendment. Any extension of the one (1) year period will require that SP-2004-010 be amended.
5. Approval of the special permit does not authorize the use to begin. The use may not lawfully begin until all necessary approvals have been received and conditions met. This includes, compliance with applicable conditions of the special permit; approval of and compliance with the site plan; and approval of a zoning compliance clearance.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on July 14, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.