March 30, 2004
Don & Patricia Lansky
Unity Church of Charlottesville
2825 Hydraulic Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901
RE: SP-03-86 Unity Church in Charlottesville Extension; Tax Map 61, Parcel 4
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Lansky:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 23, 2004, by a vote of 7:0, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Use shall be limited to a maximum two hundred (200)-seat sanctuary and use of the existing building 2 for youth activities accessory to a church use.
2. Construction of the two hundred (200)-seat sanctuary shall commence within 30 months of the approval of this permit or it shall be deemed abandoned and the authority granted by this permit shall thereupon terminate.
3. New approval of septic system from the Health Department;
4. The site shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan found on Attachment F of the staff report for SP 2000-02.
5. The property may not be further divided.
6. There shall be only one (1) residential dwelling on this property.
7. Any expansion of, or addition to, the uses, activities or structures outlined in the staff report for SP-2000-02 shall require additional review and approval by the Board of Supervisors.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on May 12, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey Amelia McCulley
Jack Kelsey Steve Allshouse