COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2004 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2004 Budget Amendment in the amount of $3,126,763.62 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2004073, 2004074, 2004075, 2004076, 2004077, and 2004078 to provide funding for various General Government and School programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Ms. White
May 5, 2004
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Funds, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities and infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2004 Budget Amendment totals $3,126,763.62. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 18,000.00
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 163,650.00
Education Fund $ 197,206.75
Education Programs/Grants $ 188,046.87
Capital Improvement Program $ 2,543,760.00
Emergency Communications Center $ 16,100.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 3,126,763.62
Local Revenues $ 24,863.00
State Revenues $ 82,020.00
Federal Revenues $ 172,263.00
General Fund Balance $ 117,000.00
Other Fund Balances $ 2,721,987.62
Transfers $ 8,630.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 3,126,763.62
This budget amendment is comprised of eleven (11) separate appropriations, five (5) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved March 3, 2004:
· One (1) appropriation (#2004069) in the amount of $60,000.00 providing additional funding for JAUNT.
Approved April 7, 2004:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2004068 and #2004072) in the amount of $190,661.75, for various School programs and grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004070) totaling $71,000.00 recognizing a state grant award to the Fire Rescue Department and providing funding for suction equipment for the volunteer departments;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004071) totaling $500.00 recognizing a state grant award to the Police Department.
The six (6) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2004073) in the amount of $2,539,075 providing funding in the current fiscal year for renovations occurring at the COB – South;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2004074 and #2004077) totaling $199,276.87 for Education programs, grants, and capital projects;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004075) accepting $43,150.00 in state grant funding for the Greenway Program;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004076) in the amount of $16,100.00 for federal grant funding for the Citizen Emergency Response Team; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2004078) for a pledge of $7,000 to the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport for grant matching funds.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2004 Budget Amendment in the amount of $3,126,763.62, after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2004073, #2004074, #2004075, #2004076, #2004077, and #2004078 to provide funds for various General Government, School, Capital, and ECC programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda