March 8, 2004
1524 Insurance Lane, Suite D
Charlottesville, VA 22911
RE: SP-2003-082 Old Dominion Equine Associates (Sign #27 & 30)
Tax Map 50 Parcels 20C and 20D
Dear Mr. Beshear:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 2, 2004, by a vote of 6:1, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan titled Old Dominion Equine Associates Concept Plan, revised 2/16/04, and prepared by Muncaster Engineering.
2. The applicants shall provide a preliminary landscape plan that reflects the surrounding rural landscape to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board.
3. The applicants shall provide landscaping along all parking areas to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board.
4. Any outdoor lighting shall be designed to be appropriate to the rural environment to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board.
5. The applicants shall grant sight-distance easements on Route 640 to the satisfaction of the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on April 14, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
The Planning Commission, also by a vote of 6:1, approved your request for a waiver of Section 5.1.11 of the Zoning Ordinance.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey Amelia McCulley
Jack Kelsey Steve Allshouse
Old Dominion Equine Association Dennis or Eunice Ragland