March 17, 2004
1350 Stony Point Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911
RE: SP 2003-084 Dennis Enterprises - Rio Road (Sign # 55)
Tax Map 45, Parcels 100, 101 and 101B
Dear Mr. Strickland:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 9, 2004, by a vote of 6:1, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord as per the elevation and section dated March 9, 2004;
2. Vehicles parked or displayed outdoors shall not be elevated anywhere on site (through the use of racks or other lift devices);
3. Vehicles shall be displayed only in areas as per the elevation and section dated March 9, 2004;
4. Between the building and Rio Road West, there shall not be more than two rows of vehicles. One row shall be used for display vehicles; the other row shall be used for customer parking. The intermittent, incidental parking of customer vehicles in the display vehicle row shall not be a violation of this condition;
5. The building shall be moved at least 18 feet closer to the front property line adjacent to Rio Road West with concurrence with the Department of Engineering as it is shown on the plans entitled, Application Plan for Dennis Enterprises – Rio Road, dated November 24, 2003, to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board;
6. The level of illumination of the site and building lighting shall be limited to eliminate negative impacts to the Entrance Corridor and to adjacent residential uses, to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board. The applicant shall turn off all lighting for night time hours with the exception of the security lighting at 9:00 p.m.
7. The site shall be landscaped to limit the visibility of vehicles, to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board;
8. If the existing large shade trees identified on the plans entitled, Application Plan for Dennis Enterprises – Rio Road, dated November 24, 2003, are removed, alternative landscaping shall be provided, to the satisfaction of the Architectural Review Board;
9. Display vehicles shall not display signage, flags, balloons, or other similar items, beyond that required by the manufacturer; and
10. Spaces for display vehicles shall measure 9’ X 18’ and shall be striped. Display vehicles shall be parked in striped display spaces only.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on April 14, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey