September 3, 2003
200 6th St. N.E., Suite B
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP-03-49 Glenwood Station
Dear Mr. Keller:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on September 2, 2003, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord with the concept plan entitled, Conceptual Development Plan Glenwood Station/Place, dated July 11, 2003 with minor changes allowed to accommodate the required parking when approved by the Zoning Administrator;
2. Final elevations of the office buildings shall be reviewed and approved by the Director of Planning prior to final site plan approval to ensure consistency with the elevations provided herein, dated August 25, 2003;
3. The final site plan showing the building containing the 50th residential unit shall show a vehicular connection to the Mall Access Road. The connection shall be constructed prior to issuance of the 50th building permit. Sidewalks shall be provided along the entire Mall Access Road frontage;
4. The office buildings shall have a 30' front setback and a 10' parking setback from Rio Road, as well as a 50' structure, 20' parking and 20' undisturbed buffer adjoining the Squire Hill development to the south; and
5. Prior to final site plan approval of the first office building, the applicant shall submit, for VDOT review and approval, a highway capacity manual analysis of the entrance on Rio Road.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 8, 2003. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
Return to staff report
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey Amelia McCulley
Jack Kelsey Steve Allshouse