February 19, 2004
Gloeckner Engineering, Inc.
2246 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
RE: SP-03-77 Ron Martin Appliances Parking Lot Expansion (Sign #36) and
SDP-03-58 Ron Martin Appliances; Tax Map 45C, Parcel 02-1B
Dear Mr. Gloeckner:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on February 3, 2004, by a vote of 6:0, took the following actions.
· SP-03-77 Ron Martin Appliances Parking Lot Expansion – Recommended approval to the Board of Supervisors subject to the following conditions:
1. A final site plan shall be submitted for approval, which shall be in general accord with the revised plan that shows improvements on Tax Map 45C Parcel 02-1B, dated January 28, 2004.
2. At least one (1) sign shall be posted in the parking area that identifies the use as parking for the adjacent commercial use only (Tax Map 45C Parcel 02-1A & 02-1), with size and location of the sign to be determined and approved by staff.
3. The parking area shall be used for customer parking only, which shall be stated on the sign per condition #2. Delivery and other commercial vehicles shall not be parked or stored in the parking area for loading, unloading or any other purpose.
4. Additional landscaping shall be installed and maintained within the 20’ buffer, as necessary to provide screening to complete a double staggared row of evergreen trees along the east side of the property.
5. A second 10'x10' concrete dumpster pad shall be constructed adjacent to the 10'x10' concrete dumpster pad area shown on the plan dated January 28, 2004. The resulting 10'x20' dumpster area shall be screened with a three (3) sided opaque fence and additional landscaping per the direction of staff.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on March 17, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
· SDP-03-58 Ron Martin Appliances – Approved subject to the following conditions:
1. Additional screening on the east side of the property both under the existing trees and in the gaps under the direction of staff to provide a satisfactorily level of screening of the residences on that side.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey Amelia McCulley
Jack Kelsey Steve Allshouse