February 10, 2004
1150 Pepsi Place
Charlottesville, VA 22901
RE: SP 2003- 080 Tower at Pepsi Place (Sign #40, 44); Tax Map 61W, Section 2, Parcel 2A,
Dear Mr. Persaud:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on February 3, 2004, by a vote of 6:0, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The tower shall be located and built as shown in the applicant’s submittal packet entitled Tower 1150 Pepsi Place, initialed 1/28/04 and included as Attachment B.
2. Prior to the issuance of a building permit, the applicant shall submit the final revised set of site drawings showing the proposed construction of the tower. These plans shall include to-scale elevations showing the tower profile and the location of each antenna. Planning staff shall review the revised plans to ensure that all appropriate conditions of the special use permit have been addressed.
3. The tower structure shall not exceed 60 feet in height.
4. The width of each side of the tower shall not exceed 30 inches at its base, and 22 inches at the top.
5. Attachments shall be shall be limited to three (3) dish antennas not to exceed 6 feet in diameter and the six (6) antennas detailed in the applicant’s submittal packet included as Attachment B.
6. No additional antennas that support services other than radio broadcasting shall be attached to extend above a total height of 60 feet on the tower.
7. The tower, antennas, dishes and all other equipment attached above the roof of the existing building shall be painted a non-reflective, dull brown color that reduces its contrast with the sky and blends with the backdrop of trees.
8. No guy wires shall be permitted.
9. The tower shall be disassembled and removed from the site within (90) days of the date its use for radio broadcasting services is discontinued.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on March 17, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey Amelia McCulley Jack Kelsey Steve Allshouse Clear Channel Radio
Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of Central Virginia